close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Synthetic Stock Set for Romanian SAR-I

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cranky-Kraut, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Just wanted to share a good experience with fellow AK owners. I just bought and installed a synthetic stock set on my Romanian SAR-I and it is great! I was warned by a good friend and experienced AK owner that synthetic sets are usually low quality and VERY hard to file and fit without messing-up.

Well, I bought my set from MSG which used to advertise in Shotgun News. It was $59.99 + S&H, arrived within 5 days and is of GREAT quality. It was easy to fit, some parts didnt even require filing, and the finished gun looks and feels incredible. It has excellent weight and surface texture and is solid polymer NOT hollow.

If any of you have been considering a synthetic conversion for your SAR I recommend their products. Now I will just wait for the really nice aluminum side-mount & scope that I got on Ebay. I need to locate a black sling, some East German Night Sights and a few Bulgarian Waffle mags and I will be all done!

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

You forgot the drum mags and bipod.

3. Hahaha!

Well, unfortunately my Debit Card disagrees Klaus but.....there's always Christmas!

Dear Santa....

4. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams G&G Newbie

Hey Kraut, reckon us Arkansans are armed enough? I mean, Ak's, SKS's, and Nagants all for ONE person...... :)

Bryan

P.S. Were you firing your M44 today (Wed) bud? I heard "thunder" and saw "lightning" from the North or was that just muzzle flash? :D

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Uh, I got 2 AKs, 2 SKSs, 1 M44, and a bunch of other rifles, pistols and shotguns.

6. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Hey Cranky, do you have a web site for MSG or a phone number? I would not mind geting a stock upgrade on my AK the price is right.:)

7. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

How does the buttstock compare to the original? I hate the buttstock on my friend's SAR-1 for being to small and flat. It feels like it pokes into my shoulder instead of bracing against it.

8. Hi Rock & RifleG3!

MSG
    515 W.Valencia Dr., Suite G
    Fullerton, Ca 92832
    1-714-879-GRIP

I had to find their ad in one of my older editions of Shotgun News. The one in my hand is from Feb,01,2002 and their ad takes-up most of page 149.

As for size and feel. The MSG stock sets are EXACT polymer cast-copies of the originals. The butt stock even has the screws and metal butt plate molded into it even though there are no screws present. Otherwise it has a lightly pebbled surface and just plain feels real nice. Some filing and drilling is required, especially with the upper & lower hand guards but in my humble opinion its a great deal, fits wonderfully, looks fantastic, feels incredible and for $59.95 + S&H was a nice investment.

I ordered mine on July 2nd over the phone with my debit card and it arrived a week later! (even with July 4th being in there)

9. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Thanks Cranky, I will give them a call...

10. Hi Guys!
    One thing I forgot to mention. Make sure you keep and re-install the metal heat shield from your original wooden upper hand guard! The synthetic kit does NOT include a new one and if you leave this out, you will almost certainly have some melting issues to deal with!