T/C Encore

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mikep8566, May 20, 2008.

1. Mikep8566

Mikep8566 Guest

Thinking of buying a encore in the 243 cal. for coyotes,bobcats and such. Does anyone use one for varmints with light bullets? The ballistics look very good with the lighter bullets.

2. turner

turner Guest

Mike, Welcome aboard! I own an Encore in 26/06 and in that caliber it's very accurate and comfortable to shoot. I'd suspect the .243 to be very similar in both respects. Mine has the 24" barrel without sights and a bonus you will find in the Encore in lighter calibers is that because it uses the same barrel profile and forend for all rifle calibers, the barrel will be very heavy in .243(as in my 25/06). Good for heat dissipation and stiffness, both helping in the accuracy department. If you chose a .223 it would be pretty much a "bull" barrel and the ammo even less expensive, if that's a concern. Good luck.

3. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Should be a fine shooter, I personally shoot a .243, and have found it to be a very accurate cartridge, without a lot of recoil.

4. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

I have the Encore in .280 Ackley Improved and really like the rifle. The .243 win is a great cartridge for varmit, deer, and just about anything else you want to hunt. I don't think you will be dissapointed with either one.