close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

T. Roosevelt

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    "Que es su preguntas?

3. Old Teddy had a lot of good quotes. We, "Marcia & I" just got back from a four day weekend in Medora ND.
    This is where Roosevelt had his ranches. They had a lot of historical stuff about him there. Had a good time and learned a little bit too.

Hud

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Roosovelt Federal Reserve

Hud: I was at Roosovelt Park, along the north western part of N.D. a couple of years ago. Is that close to Medora. I've forgotten most of the towns in that area. Of course there weren't many.

The park was great. Lots of buffalo right next to the park road as we drove around. It was kind of barren, had lots of badlands as I call them, and very isolated from human population.

As you probably know, Teddy Roosovelt was an avid hunter and was proactive in getting land set aside as federal parks. I think that's why this park was named after him.

Oxford:nod:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2002
  5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

We need another prez like him. Sadly they've all gone the way of the dinosaur.

6. Oxford,
    Yes it is, it's on the south side of the Park. We went through the park and the badlands too. Shot some video of the buffalo, wild horses, prairie dogs. a badger, and so on. You know stuff to bore friends and family back home with. It is not quite the same on tape as it is in real life.

Went on a couple of trail rides also, which was fun. Next time we go out we will bring our riding mules with.

It is much the same as when Teddy was riding out there.

Hud

7. NRAJOE

Watched a documentary on Teddy a couple of months ago on PBS. A great man with great foresight! How did this wind up in humor though?

8. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Cause i poisted it here :)

9. NRAJOE

sointenly, then its otay wit me!:p