close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

T.V. Westerns:

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by hooker, Jun 5, 2002.

1. OK, I know theres a lot of ya'll out there who grew up watching them good ol' westerns as a kid. Lets get some dialog going on this. In my opinon, thats a big thing thats wrong with Americas youth. They did not get a chance to see a hero every night of the week on prime time, where they taught you that the good guys allways win. My favorites were:- Johnnie Yuma, Wanted Dead or Alive, Cheyenne, Have Gun Will Travel, and of course The Rifleman. Me and my Dad watched them every night, it was a highlight of my chilhood.

2. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

You missed alot of them

The Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid, Wild Wild West

What do you mean they don't see a hero Puff Daddy is on MTV everynight and they can see Howard stern also

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Rawhide and Gunsmoke were my favs and couldn't wait to see them! Notice the lack of nightly westerns and the lack today of moral fiber and sense of right and wrong!

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

High Noon was a classic for me.

"High Noon" wasn't a serial but it was shown several times over the years. Gary Cooper was the hero and killed his enemy after waiting for the sun to shine bright overhead exactly at noon.

5. Gunsmoke, Rifleman, Wild Wild West, Bonanza and the Lone Ranger. I know these are not westerns but, Daniel Boone and Davy Crokett. Hey Oxford do you remeber who sang the song High Noon? hint-F.L.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2002
  6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Anybody remember "Branded", starring the actor who later became the Rifleman? "Have Gun, Will Travel" was one of my favorites. "Cimmaron Strip" was good, too.

7. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Who wrote the theme song for "High Noon?"

alan c.:

Re: Who wrote the theme song for High Noon?...I'm guessing Frankie Lane.

Here's a little more about the movie I found on E-Bay during a search:

"Gary Cooper won the Oscar for the Best Actor in
    this classic tale of a lawman who stands alone to
    defend a town of righteous cowards in the
    greatest showdown in the history of cinema. The
    film also stars one of Hollywood's most beloved
    and prolific actors, Lloyd Bridges, and marks the
    first starring role for a beautiful young actress
    and internationally adored screen legend Grace
    Kelly.

'High Noon' garnered a total of four Academy
    Awards including Best Score and Original Song."

:nod:

8. The TV wasnt on too much when I was younger but when it was on it was because my dad wanted to watch Bonanza, The High Chapparal, Branded, Have gun Will travel...come to think of it, it was never on unless there was a western on. I guess F Troop doesnt count as a western. I never cared for Wild Wild West. I thought it was a little strange and far fetched. Those old westerns had good family values, no swear words or nudity. Sure isnt true today. Big Dog..that was Chuck Connors in Branded and the Rifleman.

9. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    ah the good life, B&W westerns, shootin marbles, and not knowing what air conditioning was. I loved ld westerns, all the above.

10. I'd have to go for Gunsmoke first, follwed by a little light humor in Maverick and then Wagon Train.

11. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Well Tonto,we're surrounded by a thousand screaming redskins,I guess we're up the creek!
    What do you mean we,white eyes?:nod: :nod: :D :D :D