Table Mesa Cleanup - Nov 6th, 2010

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AZ-Ted, Sep 7, 2010.

1. AZ-Ted

AZ-Ted G&G Newbie

Hello AZ gunandgame, I am posting up to let you know about a desert cleanup at Table Mesa, AZ on November 6th, 2010. As you may know, Table Mesa gets trashed, and it could really use our help.

So far, there are quite a few 4x4 clubs on board with the cleanup, as well as some dirtbike / ATV groups, and even a mountain bike club. It woud be great to see the guys and girls of gunandgame out there, too.

2. Ted, it is always grand to know, that someone cares about God's planet!

Thank you kindly......

3. swedishfish

swedishfish G&G Newbie

Dang! That's my birthday. But I promise next time I go up there I'll bring a shovel, rake and some trash bags. It's good to get in the habit of leaving your spot in better condition then when you found it. I personally use steel targets instead of blowing stuff to bits. It's great to live in a place where we can go and shoot for free. Let's take care of Table Mesa road.

4. AZ-Ted

AZ-Ted G&G Newbie

5. AZ-Ted

AZ-Ted G&G Newbie

Here is the flyer that I created for the Table Mesa Cleanup:

[​IMG]

6. AZ-Ted

AZ-Ted G&G Newbie

Hello Everyone, just wanted to let you know that the NRA is on board with the cleanup!!! They have just sent out an email to all of their AZ members asking them to participate in the cleanup. That is really cool!!! It will be great to have some responsible hunters / target shooters out there.

7. AZ-Ted

AZ-Ted G&G Newbie

Special thanks to all our sponsors:
    [​IMG]

8. woody1981

woody1981 Love Your Firearms! Forum Contributor

I saw this advertised on J&G. Looks like a big event that will do some good. Wish I lived closer than sw PA. Thanks for posting this and welcome to the forum.

9. AZ-Ted

AZ-Ted G&G Newbie

Updated Donor List:
    [​IMG]

10. If I lived there, had or have been there and/or used it, I'd gladly clean/help clean it up. Hell, I'd do it even if I haven't been there or used it.

Like Blue Ice pointed out, it's GOD's planet and we should take care of it. It's actually a very easy and simple thing to do.

And yes, welcome to G&G.

11. AZ-Ted

AZ-Ted G&G Newbie

Updated Sponsor List:
    [​IMG]

12. King Armory

King Armory G&G Newbie

You'd be surprised how many of them we have here in AZ. I have seriously had to outright kick people off of the local range for being dangerously stupid, never ceases to amaze me how these mouth-breathers survive

13. King Armory

King Armory G&G Newbie

Table Mesa, in particular, gets trashed. Lots of 'gangstas' and 'trailer trash' going out there to shoot glass, drink beer, and dump garbage. I'd love to catch someone dumping and beat them with a piece of rubber hose.

14. AZ-Ted

AZ-Ted G&G Newbie

I just got the final numbers from the BLM: 381 volunteers collected just over 15 tons of trash!!!

Special Thanks to all who volunteered / donated / sponsored this event. It was a great success!

Here is a link to some pictures that my friend Robert (RJCX) took. There are 52 images:

Robert James Photography, L.L.C. | Table Mesa Clean-up Nov 6, 2010