Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
For a "War belt"

Ive had this belt for years now and its held up fine.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/sure-grip-padded-belt-31PB.html

Holds pistol holster, double mag pouch, trauma kit and one rifle mag and is my second line gear that would go with my Crye Precision Gen 1 JPC plate carrier.

Its padded with tacky material on the inside and doesnt move.

I have since gone back to a different brand one that's padded but only two inches thick with MOLLE and it holds the same stuff.

On my SWAT gear I have

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/33DG0-33DG0.html
Doesnt need belt keepers and has the same tacky padded material on the inside.
You interlace your inner belt inside this one and thread the inner belt on the outside of the main belt where you want to mount stuff. Then you can just click it on with the security buckle.

I have a triple single stack mag pouch on it, one AR mag pouch, foldable dump pouch, trauma/med kit, baton holder, and holster. All of the other stuff goes on my plate carrier.

The HSGI stuff is more expensive but it is very high quality and will last under tough use.

I cant say the same for the condor stuff. Condo Stuff does not last... period. Our work bought a bunch of condor stuff once to try to save money and it was a mess. Nothing lasted very long let alone from normal every day wear.

For normal every day belts I have two belts depending on what holster Im wearing for CCW.

https://magpul.com/apparel-gear/accessories/belts.html

They make three types one is leather and a couple are a tacky rubbery material. I have one of those, the El Burro one The leather ones are leather reinforced with polymer and the El Burro is a polymer only belt. Its super strong but also super thin and flexable. And it looks like a normal belt but its strong enough to support a full sized all metal pistol holster or whatever else comfortably.

I also have a Ares Gear Aegis Belt.
https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?...07_111&zenid=2301e27dbb3a574a22725db64861cac0

Also works with more normal street wear, very stiff with a friction buckle... you could probably a tow a car with this belt if it was long enough. It works great for if you have to thread on more stuff but I wear this as a normal pants belt frequently if Im not wearing my Magpul El Burro belt.

Some of the clips on my CCW holsters are thicker or thinner so depending on which fits better determines if I wear the magpul or the Areas Gear belt.

This belt has the "tacky" material inside that holds it in place. I appreciate that this isnt a "duty belt" and I have no delusions about the fact that this is a budget option, but im not downrange in the middle east or on patrol duty. I hoping that maybe my post can help others who cant afford expensive gear that they dont really "need" but still want to get some practical tactical training in without spending $109 on a belt. i can buy a lot of ammo for the difference in cost between a $30 belt and a $109 belt.

· Super Moderator
17,108 Posts
This belt has the "tacky" material inside that holds it in place. I appreciate that this isnt a "duty belt" and I have no delusions about the fact that this is a budget option, but im not downrange in the middle east or on patrol duty. I hoping that maybe my post can help others who cant afford expensive gear that they dont really "need" but still want to get some practical tactical training in without spending $109 on a belt. i can buy a lot of ammo for the difference in cost between a $30 belt and a $109 belt.

yea that cool. I just mentioned it because part of the reasoning you got it included "range/ hiking/ camping /woods and lastly a possible shft/wrol situation"

All of which involve using it out in the field via the "hiking/camping/woods" situations or in a situation in which you would expect some hard/serious use if its a possible "shtf/wrol" situation.

Reactions: MosinRuger

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
yea that cool. I just mentioned it because part of the reasoning you got it included "range/ hiking/ camping /woods and lastly a possible shft/wrol situation"

All of which involve using it out in the field via the "hiking/camping/woods" situations or in a situation in which you would expect some hard/serious use if its a possible "shtf/wrol" situation.
so far it seems robust enough, we shall see over time. I'll update accordingly.

i guess from my perspective, some gear is better than no gear.

· Registered
10,671 Posts
I have a couple of those. The problem is they shrink over time. Mine has shrunk 4-5 inches since I retired. Other than that they last forever.

Personally I like leather for everything belt, holsters, slings, until it rains. Water Buffalo seems to last longer than anything. Stumbled on to this guy at a trade show. These are just heavy belts for jeans but hold heavy guns well. $25 and free shipping, excellent quality, I bought 2 a couple years ago wear one everyday and use the other for a gun belt and no signs of wear. https://traditionsleathercraft.com/shop/ols/products/leather-belt-1-12-wide-dark-brown

He custom makes holsters for pistol, rifle, anything leather and I looked at dozens of his products. FWIW https://traditionsleathercraft.com/
thanks for that link. that belt is just what I have been looking for. I just ordered one.

· Registered
293 Posts
I think the Condor LCS is a decent belt. Condors video recommend's for a more secure fit the padding be removed and a Velcro inner belt used . As time has been rough lately . I haven't bought a inner belt for mine yet or any new pouches .

Im like you the Condor LCS fits my needs.
At the time I could have bought a $100 belt . Instead I bought a knife scope and some other gear.
I also have some fox gear . The quality on it isn't near as same quality as Condor gear.

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,303 Posts
I get a kick out of the resurgence of gun belts. Of course they used to be called pistol belts, and were held up by suspenders. Now they're called battle belts, and cost anywhere from a few times to 50 times what a pistol belt does. I'm not a fan. I got issued a Ronin battle belt, and gave it to another guy in my flight, because I'll never use it for anything that couldn't be done with an old school pistol belt. That being said, I know a lot of guys run them and love them. I rarely want my kit without my body armor, and I've found it quite uncomfortable to wear both body armor and a belt. I get chafed something fierce by it. My day to day work belt is heavy enough to throw a holster and mag pouch on it if I need to, and other than that I'll just kit up.
I figured I should update this to admit that I'm stubborn, but not completely stubborn. I recently started running a modern style gun belt. Once I worked theough some fitment issues, I can see why they've had such a resurgence.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts