Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever turn an 1100 into a tactical shotgun?
I have an pretty beat up 1100 that I'm thinking of turning tactical and was wondering if I'd just be wasting my money. I know most people seem to stick with pumps for combat-style scatterguns, would there be any disadvantage to having an auto loading one?
Are many 870 parts interchangeable?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
sorry, my question was more of a rhetorical. i hate the word tactical. tactical implies the use of tactics.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Application of tactics is the key to surviving the ordeal of a home invasion, etc.

Lack of tactics will undoubtedly lead to hasty decisions that one may regret...

It's like practicing a fire drill--of course you don't want to flee your burning home, but it would be good if everyone was on the same page in that eventuality.

Same for dry fire exercises, room sweeps, setting up a "safe" room, discussing this with others living in the house so everyone came stay out of harms way in the unlikely event of a fire fight in the home, etc.

I prefer practical to tactical, it's a less loaded term, but means about the same to me.

I am in the process of putting together some practical weapons for home defense, hence my interest in the subject...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts