Tallest guy on g&g

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MarkII 22, Sep 15, 2002.

1. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

Who is the tallest guy on g&g? I'm am about 6 foot and one 1/2 inches tall. I know I'm going to get flamed for this but it's true.My Dad is 6 foot 5 and my brothers are 6 foot and 6 foot 4 and one was 6 foot 7.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2002
  2. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I'm 6' 1.5 inches also. Mark, you'll pass me in the end....

Last edited: Sep 15, 2002

3. 6'1" If I had known that I would have built the wood shed around you.

4. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

5' 9" so now i guess a new name is shorty huh!!!

5. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

Any body over 6 2 6 1 ain't little tho I guess I'm used to tall guys.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2002
  6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Would you believe I'm 6' 9 1/2" tall? Neither would I. Those stretching exercises do wonders when you get older.

It's verrrrrry interesting that MarkII 22 is 6'6" tall. Hummmmmmmmmm! :D :D :D :D :D

7. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

How did you get 6'6 out of that post?

8. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

Got to get to bed

9. Good thing because you are getting way over your head.

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Lesson #13. How to measure a boy.

"I'm am about 6 1/2 feet tall." That's what you wrote.

6 1/2 feet is 6' 6" any way you write it. Did you mean 6' 0-1/2"?

11. Klaus

Klaus Guest

I am 6'3". And yes, Mark did indeed say he was 6.5 feet tall, or 6'6".

12. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I'm just a measley 5'11". A goal of mine is to reach 6' by the time I finish college. Not gonna happen on campus food though. Maybe if I frequent the Sun Gin (Chinese) enough...

As far as Mark's height confusiuon goes, they don't teach math like they used to, particularly how to give correct verbal terminology for your answers. When I was 14 I was bucking the trend with useful math as opposed to meaningless stupidity.

So Mark, what math are you taking? I entered 9th grade at 14 and took Algebra 1. Six years and 3 levels of Calculus later, I wonder what I was thinking.

How about you older fellows, how far were you required to go in math, and how much did you opt to take, or how much were you even able to? I went up through Calc 1 in high school, but others took Calc 2 and even Linear Algebra. They required 3 years of some math so the lowest students in regard to math probably finished with an Algebra 1 level of proficiency through alternately named courses. My father took Calc in high school but my mother never went past Algebra II.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2002
  13. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Even though I took several math classes in schools, the best course I had was learning on the job. Realistic mathematical problems requiring logical answers has always worked for me.

Otherwise, I used college trig a lot on the job. The basics in adding, multiplying, subtracting and dividing were all very important even though calculators were usually available after around 1970 +/-. Before that the old slide rule acted as my calculator.

Oxford :nod:

14. Mon Bathan

Mon Bathan Guest

YAIKSSS!!! You're all giants :) :) I'm Asian and I do not know if there are other Asian members in G&G, I'm only 5' 9" but tall enough to hit the targets in the range :) Boastful Me!! :)

And yes, 6 1/2 ft. is exactly 6.6 ft.

Mon

15. wes

wes Guest

8 ft. 4 in. On my Planet that's on the short side.

16. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Man, so far I'm the shortest at 5'8", okay who is the shortest now?

17. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    6.00906e-017 Parsec

18. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Okay again "Klaus jr."! :D

19. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Six feet four here, and I'm the tallest in my family. Being tall comes in handy when changing light bulbs, otherwise it ain't that great. I've always tried to keep a low-profile, but it's hard when you're a head or more taller than anyone else. Thank goodness I don't have more body hair, or I'd be a Wookie! :D

How about shoe size? Anybody top my 14's? How many Bigfoots (uh, Bigfeet?) do we have on G&G? :confused: