Talon ammo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JoeInCT, Aug 8, 2002.

1. JoeInCT

JoeInCT Guest

Local dealer has some Talon FMJ 30-06 ball ammo, headstamps were a mix of LC's, late 60's. Price is very reasonable, but concerned about quality. Anyone had any quality or consistency issues with Talon product? TIA

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Talon ammo has always been excellent! Buy,buy, buy dude!

3. I had two straight duds - on the CSP forum, the producers of the 1918A3 semi-auto knock-off of the BAR are recommending that Talon not be used.

I'll continue to use it on my M1s and 1903s, though.

4. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Never have had ONE problem with it.

Safest stuff you'll feed your M1, less you make it yourself.

5. I always wondered what happened to Sgt. Schultz - and posting on OUR forum, too!

What did you ever do with that Krag you used to cary in "Hogan's Heroes"?

:)

6. Armorer

Armorer Guest

He Died :-(

John Banner 1910-1973

He sees notzing, he knows notzing, he does notzing

R.I.P. Sgt Schultz

7. Gus L.

Gus L. Guest

I have purchased several thousand rounds of Talon 30-06, I have had very good luck with it but i have learned to look for primers not fully seated, and rounds without any powder.
    Out of those two thousand I found two with primers not seated, one with a bent bullet tip, and five without any powder.and several bad primers(No Bang)
    Check them out by shaking the case, you will be able to tell if there is any powder.
    I use it in my Garand and Johnson rifles.

8. shaddownone

shaddownone Guest

never had a problem with black tip

Never had a problem, in conserving mode right now. Fired about 200 rds just for the holes of it. Are they still offering it. After Columbine no one advertizes it, just the pulled bullets.