Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i brought my SKS out to the range with my MAK-90 yesterday. Needless to say iv been rejecting the poor thing since i got my AK. I put out this little plastic box about 3"x6" out at around 75 yards. First shot, hit it...i couldnt beleive it, so i did it agian. Boom once agian, i almost $h!t myself. Plus i have poor eye sight and it was getting dark out. Then we tried bump firing it...OMG IT WORKED! I couldnt believe what i was seeing! It makes perfect sence, its got a much better trigger pull then my friends Romanian AK and he can bumpfire that...put 2 and 2 togeather. Now im in love with it and want to give it a fresh start!!! So im going to get the Tapco T-6 stock and Hi-Pro reciever cover so i can go with open sights if i want. So is it resonable to put a high powered scope on it since its x39? I know they are not the most accurate rounds, but how far is it possible to BE accurate? I figure about 100yds with open sights, but i dont know about out past that. Also What do you guys think of the Tapco stocks and mags? Would it be smarter to leave the bayonet on there or get a bi-pod for it since i want to take longer shots or will this get in the way? Any other suggestions? Thank you....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I do like some of the Tapco SKS stocks. They make great trigger groups and solid stocks, though I prefer the SKS in its standard configuration. I would not advice buying a powerful scope for the SKS or AK, they are more fun with iron sights and if you are trying to turn them into tack drivers you will get really frustrated. If you are dead set on optics, a red dot is the way to go on both of those rifles, but don't optic out the SKS.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
If you do use magnifying optics, a compact 4x or 6x scope will do fine and require no shell deflector.

If you're tacticalizing your SKS, make sure you keep your US parts compliant. Read the sticky if you don't know what I mean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts