Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a Tarus or Charter arms here shortly. The 1911 and Mitchell a tad bit heavy to be packing around for a long time. What's the scoop on these to pistols. Thinking of 357 mag or 44 mag, small pistol. hammer or hammerless.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought the Taurus 1911 and I carry it. You need the right holster to make it comfortable and an IWB helps to conceal it unless you're wearing a longer jacket. With summer coming I need an IWB for it. I'm looking at a Ted Blocker design. The Taurus shoots very well. Great gun for $500.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Go with a Charter Arms !
As a Gunsmith I have had more problems with Taurus than you can Imagine...Read some of the other posts about Taurus especially the revolvers. Poor Machining, Parts fall out, Sights fall off, Cylinders jam up, Poor Customer Service....You couldn't pay me to own one, Not when my life may depend on it !
Rich

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Jeez, I am not a gunsmith, and I respect the talent, but I must disagree with the assessment of Taurus. I have heard a lot of the bad rap, but mine have always done what I have asked of them. The Millinium Pro 9 mil is my favorite carry gun. I have run a thousand plus rounds thru it with no problems. It shoots great, I hit what I shoot at, and no parts have fallen out. I carry the .45/.410 Judge in my car and have shot everything thru it that it will eat, including 00 buck and +P ammo. Again no problems. I don't know about their customer service, cause I have not had to use it, hope I never have to. Now, I respect all opinions, cause I reckon we all have had some bad experiences. I feel the same way about Chevys, all I ever had was junk, but deep down I know there is a good one out there somewhere, but I doubt if I try to find it. I do like my Taurus firearms and I hope I never incur the problems with them that others have seen. I have never owned or shot a Charter Arms so can't comment good or bad! Like any kind of gun, I would like to try one!! Have a nice day!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts