Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a TASCO 3-9x40mm scope. It all seems to function as advertised, my question is in regards to the crosshairs.
I have seen 30-30..... Plex..... MIL SPEC..... and one similar to this one. Can anyone direct me to a source to figure out exactly what each graduation represents or do I just wing it at the range?
Rectangle Parallel Tints and shades Symmetry Pattern

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Randie
Fort Smith, AR

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Do you have the name or model number. Such as World Class or Pronghorn? I have a half dozen of them in 3x9x40. Unless it is a black powder or shotgun scope and you cannot tell without knowing the name or model number, it is going to be the crosshair at 100 yards, not meters, and each mark is another 100 yards. I do not recall one with that reticle which would show marks for evation like that. Normally bullet drop marks are set for the 243 308 270 30-06 type calibers and the crosshairs are at 100 yards and each mark below us in 100 yard increments. But that one puts the bottom mark too close. That would be a 600 yard mark, it looks to close.

I think it is either a rimfire of black powder scope. If so the marks would be 100 150 200 250 300

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the name or model number.
No name, just the model number, 39x40SPL AZ.

I got it in a trade, along with some other items, and thought I would try it out on my 16" AR-15, 6.5 Grendel. I was mainly asking, because of the ammo situation (going to try and sight it in with as little ammo as possible!). The '100 150 200 250 300' looks like a good starting point.

Randie
Fort Smith, AR

·
Wonderment :)
36,712 Posts
RCoulter52: Sir; perhaps this 🧐

$59.99

WORLD CLASS 3–9X40MM RIFLE SCOPE

pdf-icon
Features

pdf-icon
Specification

pdf-icon
Product Manual

THE CLASSIC OF TASCO IS BACK! THE ALL NEW WORLD CLASS OFFERS IMPROVED OPTICAL CLARITY WITH FULLY COATED OPTICS, WATERPROOF, SHOCK PROOF AND FOG PROOF.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
No name, just the model number, 39x40SPL AZ.

I got it in a trade, along with some other items, and thought I would try it out on my 16" AR-15, 6.5 Grendel. I was mainly asking, because of the ammo situation (going to try and sight it in with as little ammo as possible!). The '100 150 200 250 300' looks like a good starting point.

Randie
Fort Smith, AR
What you have is the VTZ Vital Zone Reticle Below is the ammo it was designed for. A couple of reminders, for the dots to work you must be on 9 power. Second, you should be close with the 223 at 3150 fps. That trajectory is close to the 243 listed. Good luck.

Parallel Circle Symmetry Pattern Drawing

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Document

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RCoulter52: Sir; perhaps this 🧐
What you have is the VTZ Vital Zone Reticle Below is the ammo it was designed for. A couple of reminders, for the dots to work you must be on 9 power. Second, you should be close with the 223 at 3150 fps. That trajectory is close to the 243 listed. Good luck.
That's what I like about this forum. Folks helping without making critical remarks.

I had Googled every thing I could think of and couldn't come up with anything!

Thank you both!!!

Randie
Fort Smith, AR

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
That's what I like about this forum. Folks helping without making critical remarks.

I had Googled every thing I could think of and couldn't come up with anything!

Thank you both!!!

Randie
Fort Smith, AR
I have a funny story about Tasco. In 1995 I was hunting deer and antelope in Wyoming in the Thunder Basin National Grasslands. A rancher who was a former NFL player, whose name I have forgot, had a huge ranch next door. There are no boundary fences and it is open range. The ranchers just pay a fee and run their cattle on the public land. Tasco Scope company had leased the ranch next to the public land. He said they paid $10,000 per person for the hunt.

So, open morning while heading to my hunting spot, I got stuck about 800 yards from that ranch. I was 15 miles from the nearest paved road and by myself, so I was going nowhere until somebody could happen by and pull me out, which would only be other hunters, hopefully. So, not to waste the hunt, a 1000 miles from home , I set out on foot at daylight. About a half hour later I see the big buck. The rancher would later tell us that he had sent pictures of it to the execs at Tasco and they were eager to hunt that buck. The buck takes off at about 150 yards. I aimed at the back of its neck and down it went. It is a 6x6 Boone and Crockett 182 inches.

So later, along cones a game warden who pulls me out of the mud. The rancher shows up and tells the warden, poachers have been on his ranch, and he thought it was me,except the people he saw were in a different color truck.. When he saw the deer under the tarp, he got really mad. He demanded to know exactly where I was hunting and where I shot the buck. No problem , I have been stuck here for hours and the warden is my witness. Then I offered to take him to the gut pile another 400-500 yards away from his property. The game warden so no, I was well into public land and there was no question the deer was at least a half mile from his ranch.

So, the rancher was still not happy that I had killled the buck he promised the execs at Tasco., So, the rancher asked if I would do him a favor....he asked that I keep the deer under the tarp and not tell any of the hunters I might see out there. Anyway, that is my $10000 Tasco buck. It hangs in my man cave. I may snap an picture and add it later.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have a funny story about Tasco. In 1995 I was hunting deer and antelope in Wyoming in the Thunder Basin National Grasslands. A rancher who was a former NFL player, whose name I have forgot, had a huge ranch next door. There are no boundary fences and it is open range. The ranchers just pay a fee and run their cattle on the public land. Tasco Scope company had leased the ranch next to the public land. He said they paid $10,000 per person for the hunt.

So, open morning while heading to my hunting spot, I got stuck about 800 yards from that ranch. I was 15 miles from the nearest paved road and by myself, so I was going nowhere until somebody could happen by and pull me out, which would only be other hunters, hopefully. So, not to waste the hunt, a 1000 miles from home , I set out on foot at daylight. About a half hour later I see the big buck. The rancher would later tell us that he had sent pictures of it to the execs at Tasco and they were eager to hunt that buck. The buck takes off at about 150 yards. I aimed at the back of its neck and down it went. It is a 6x6 Boone and Crockett 182 inches.

So later, along cones a game warden who pulls me out of the mud. The rancher shows up and tells the warden, poachers have been on his ranch, and he thought it was me,except the people he saw were in a different color truck.. When he saw the deer under the tarp, he got really mad. He demanded to know exactly where I was hunting and where I shot the buck. No problem , I have been stuck here for hours and the warden is my witness. Then I offered to take him to the gut pile another 400-500 yards away from his property. The game warden so no, I was well into public land and there was no question the deer was at least a half mile from his ranch.

So, the rancher was still not happy that I had killled the buck he promised the execs at Tasco., So, the rancher asked if I would do him a favor....he asked that I keep the deer under the tarp and not tell any of the hunters I might see out there. Anyway, that is my $10000 Tasco buck. It hangs in my man cave. I may snap an picture and add it later.
(y)
That was quite a deal and I certainly congratulate you, RF!

·
Registered
387 Posts

View attachment 175583

View attachment 175581
(y) Against whatever negative opinions against Tasco scopes, I had an old Tasco Pronghorn scope that was always up to the job. My brother needed a scope so I gave it to him and he still uses it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts