Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn about this pistol. it seems to good to be true.

It has exactly what I'm currently looking for and more.
40 S&W
virtually identical in size to glock 23
a short light triger pull, (even the double action is pretty light)
a lifetime warrenty
2 - 15rd mags
they won NRA gun of the year
it's less than $400

But they don't have that glock/sig acceptance of superiority as a proven carry pistol.

But at the same time, when glock first came out people made fun of it, they said a plastic gun would melt, it would break; and it's know one of the most best pistols made.

Anyone have any thoughts? is this the next glock or the next POS?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I know they have a lifetime warranty, but from what I have read you will probably end up cashing in on that warranty more than once. The triggers are prone to breaking and I have even seen more than one report of the frame cracking after not so heavy usage. There are some that own them who have had zero problems, but then again there are also quite a number of those who have had multiple problems and got sick of shipping it back to Taurus. Do a google search on the gun and look for some consumer reviews, and I'm sure you will see what I am talking about.
If you are looking for a polymer pistol I would stick with Glocks and XD's.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you want a Glock, but are used to shooting 1911's, get an XD. It has the 1911 grip angle. Glocks have a Luger grip angle.

I shoot 1911's with my dad occasionally, so when I have the $$$ I'm getting the Springfield XD 4". My local gunshop has one for $409.99.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taurus 24/7 Pro .40S&W

I was skeptical after picking up my new Taurus pistol the other day. Didn't do an ounce of research before buying, just held it in my hand and laid down the cash....389.99 at Sportsmans Warehouse. This is my first pistol, I've fired pistols before, country boy here. Took it to the range with Independence FMJ ammo. I don't like my new pistol anymore.................. I frigin LOVE IT. The recoil is super smooth, it feeds like a dream, I love the grip, the accuracy is great, but hey, when something is 5 yards away, and you've got 15 rounds, it's up to you, this pistol will hit. I was hitting 16 ounce water bottles at about 20 paces with ease. I shot about 50 rounds and felt satisfied. Went home, cleaned it and can't wait to get back to the range after I stock up on ammo. This is my daily carry weapon, I feel 100% safe carrying this gun. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Another note, take care of your weapons, keep them clean!!! Your life may depend on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Taurus 24/7 Pro DS .40 Review

Just picked up a Taurus 24/7 Pro DS .40 (stainless slide) last week and finally got the range today. My other handgun is a Springfield XD9 sub-compact with the stainless slide, so that was my standard bearer.

The fit and finish of the 24/7 seem good, but not quite as good as the Springfield. One thing I don't like is that the loaded magazines rattle, whereas my XD9 mags do not.

At the range, I was impressed with the 24/7. It's got about the same punch as my XD9. The larger caliber is offset by the additional size and weight, I guess. Anyway, what a pleasure the shoot. I got through 15 rounds pretty fast. In total I put 100 rounds through it today, and didn't have any jams. Accuracy was top notch too. Just a great gun overall. Paid $379 for it at Academy, and that is just a tremendous value.

You Taurus haters out there should check out there latest product line. If they had issues in the past, they are resolved now.

·
Banned
10,852 Posts
If you want a Glock, but are used to shooting 1911's, get an XD. It has the 1911 grip angle. Glocks have a Luger grip angle.

I shoot 1911's with my dad occasionally, so when I have the $$$ I'm getting the Springfield XD 4". My local gunshop has one for $409.99.
+1 on the XD. Great gun. If it were between the Taurus and Glock I'd take the Taurus. Glock was the best known Polymer pistol because it was the first. Personally I don't like or trust them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts