Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus 66
Hello! Happy New Year to you!
What can you tell me about the Taurus 66. Not the recent ones, but an older model which was known as "New Model 66" (even if it's no more new!!!).I can show you a picture:

I have the opportunity to buy one, a new one (no second-hand!) for a good price. I often read that Taurus guns were not so good 15 or 20 years ago than today. But I also read very good reports about this 66 model… Looks fine for me, a little bit old time…
Regards
Jonas

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The Taurus 66 is a good gun, regardless when it was made. The Taurus revolvers were made with the same tooling and dies as S&W's. Both Taurus and S&W were owned by the same parent company until Taurus bought out their share back in the late-80's. They then went to a coil mainspring instead of the Smith flat mainspring. Due to patent litigation, Taurus changed their frames slightly and usually do not fit in holsters made for S&W's.
I own several Taurus revolvers and have had no problems with them at all. I'd say you'll be happy with it.
Let us know how she shoots!

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
My Taurus 66 (Blued) is almost 20 years old. It is the absolute tightest shooting gun I have with so many one ragged hole targets I stopped counting them. I shoot about three boxes of homegrown .38 special wadcutters out of it for every box of warp speed homegrown .357's, In that 20 years, the only problem I have encountered was the crane latch coming loose, and that took 19 years for that to happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts