close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus Taurus 740 Slim showing its true colors?

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by mossy500camo, Oct 31, 2012.

1. sasquatch

sasquatch G&G Regular

WV
    Wow, glad mine is a good one. It's my every day carry piece. I've got 1200 rds down the barrel and the only problems I ever had with it were a couple FTE's during the break in period.

2. Mork M

Mork M G&G Newbie

3. Mork M

Mork M G&G Newbie

4. Mork M

Mork M G&G Newbie

Well, I made good on my threat from a few months ago: my 740 slim did not come back home with me. After waiting about 7 weeks for gun to return I was told; "We couldn't find anything wrong with the weapon. It works fine now." I said WTF?!?! They said just take it out and shoot it. I said I had tried that before and after 7 rounds it broke and wouldn't function... So as I said I was totally disillusioned with the gun and had ZERO confidence in it's ability to function. Had they found an actual flaw, and repaired that flaw, I may have reconsidered. How do I know next time it will fail? 7 rounds, 700 rounds, when I need it to save my life? No deal here... Traded it on the spot on my original first choice: Ruger LC9. Ruger works fine and I am pleased with it's function and performance. I have a couple other Taurus handguns and they work just fine. Maybe my 740 Slim was a bad one and sometimes that's just how it goes... You cut your loses and move on.

Mork M.