Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just discovered that Taurus makes now a 1911. Do you know that gun? And are its parts 100% compatible with other 1911s? I look forward for readind your opinions and experiences…
Jonas:wave:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I think you'd be much better off with a Sprinfield or Kimber.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
How did I know that you would say that:)

I saw those 1911 on the Taurus website and they are nice looking guns. From what I have heard is that they keep pushing back the inrodutory date due to problems. I know that other 1911's : Colt, Kimbet, Wilson, Sprinfield and yes Marine Norinco are all proven to be good, but when you get into 1911 that is just released you may find that there are some bugs to worked out. I too am anctiously awaiting the Taurus 1911 because like I said, they are sweet looking, but all my experiences with Taurus are mostly negative.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for your answers!
For sks forever: Yes, I also like Kimber and Springfield 1911s, but they are more expensive than Taurus' (especially Kimber guns). I also love Les Bear and other great models

Thanks for your answers!
For sks forever: Yes, I also like Kimber and Springfield 1911s, but they are more expensive than Taurus' (especially Kimber guns). I also love Les Bear and other great models… But I don't have much money!!!
For FutureMarine: Norinco guns seem to be fair. A friend of mine bought a Norinco 1911 a1 last year and he's very happy with it. He just changed the ugly plastic grips! He says it's a very reliable gun, and he shoots a lot!!! And we can get them in Switzerland for about 500.- FS (= 400$). I just think it's strange to buy a chinese 1911!! But you could answer that a brazilian one would be strange too! You're certainly right, and I'll probably buy a Norinco!
For sks forever again: did you really have bad experiences with Taurus guns? When? before or after the nineties? And with which models? Pistols, revolvers? As far as I'm concerned, I always heard that Taurus guns were a very good quality…

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just got my latest issue of American Rifleman in the mail today and ironically...The new Taurus PT1911 landed the cover with a nice 3 page article. It looks great...It tests at one of the most accurate 1911's on the market and is probably the most feature-laden variants available. You can buy it in 9mm, .38 super, .40 s&w, and .45acp. I would definetely buy one. I'd say it pretty much puts Rock Island Armory out of business, and for a $600 MSRP...It's a bargain. I give the PT1911 a thumbs up!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
RIA is still a good weapon. The Taurus also sounds great too. It is awesome it is available in so many different calibers. i would want to get .45 ACP just to be original. Although 9mm ammo is highly inexpensive

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Triplesixkoe said:
You can buy it in 9mm, .38 super, .40 s&w, and .45acp
It's very interesting! But I'm a little bit surprised: on its Website, Taurus only presents the PT 1911 in .45 ACP… Can you tell me a little more about it?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Does look pretty slick, wouldn't mind having that at all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago, but have only been able to get it to the range once. Not disappointing at all. Accuracy was superb and functioning with about 200 rounds of ball and JHPs was flawless. Fit is very nice and finish is quite nice. No complaints about the trigger, either. The PT 1911 is alot of bang for the buck.

Now I'm waiting on the stainless model that's due out this quarter.

--
Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts