Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,336 Posts
Hi, Yinyo6, stop by the introduction forum and tell us a bit about yourself. Welcome to G&G.

·
Registered
2 Posts
as much as I like my Taurus'es I'd opt for the Walter p22 on this one or a Ruger Mark lll. I hear good things and bad about the p22
Ha i bought a Walther p22 totally disappointed with it 250 rds later .I might get rid of it if i cant get it to stop jamming every 3rd or so round it wont extract piece of crap

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,944 Posts
Zombie thread.

When it comes to Tauri, I ask myself does the gun do stuff no other gun does, and do I have time to send it back if and when it malfunctions.

Taurus DOES make some decent stuff, but their quality control leaves alot to be desired and their customer service has been variable.

For things like the Public Defender, 941, etc. there aren't alot of other guns on the market (I don't know of ANY snub 45 colt revolvers other than them) that do what theirs does. And their model 66 was a decent general purpose 38/.357. Tauri owners have had experiences ranging from stellar to terrible. On the other hand, when I've sent one back it's come back fixed for life.

Reactions: BigEd63

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
The only one I ever owned was iirc and 8? maybe 9 shot .22lr revolver maybe had a 6"barrel. It was getting light strikes on the rim of the .22cartridges. I looked it over and had to fit the hammer/transfer bar parts and it worked fine after that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Never been a fan of Taurus firearms. they are cheaply made and nothing but problems when i used them back as a security gaurd

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Dig my Ruger SR22...only 10 rds though.....

03687316_1.jpg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts