close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus Taurus PT92

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by Knigge, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Knigge

Knigge G&G Addict

Norway
    I`m looking for a 9mm auto and i have found a nice Taurus PT92, anyone here with a PT92 ? is this a good gun, how is the triggerpull, is it good quality ?

This is the gun, FINN.no - Mulighetenes marked

1700,- kroner is around $300.

2. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I don't have one but they are solid pistols. I prefer the frame mounted safety over the slide mounted safety the Beretta has. I think 300 dollar equivalent is fair for a PT92 if it is in excellent condition.
    As far as the trigger pull, like any auto, it should break in and improve with use. The PT92 stock trigger isn't too bad out of the box. They do tend to be accurate guns.

3. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I saw the site, there is a CZ75b as well. Personally, I would choose it over the Taurus, that is if your hand wasn't too big for the grip.

4. I like the taurus 92, and I like the Beretta 92.

I think they are one of the best shooting pistols...

The ones I have shot had excellent triggers, especially since they are SA/DA

I would think 300$ is a good price, I see them higher around here.

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I'd rather have one of those PT-92s than the Beretta 92.

6. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    I've owned my PT-99 (a 92 with adjustble sights) for 24 years and have had no problems that were not ammo related.
    It is a very strong and well-built pistol. Accuracy is good. Mine has proven to be very reliable.
    $300 is a great price...how many magazines come with the one you're looking at?
    Is it possible for you to shoot it before you buy it?

I've tried to sell mine several times but everytime I pick it up I tell myself to keep it.

I like the Taurus much better than Beretta's...too much alloy metal in the Beretta. I carried one in the military for several years and hated the thing..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  7. variolamajor

variolamajor G&G Evangelist

I never judge a firearm based upon military experience because after serving 8 years in the army and having worked in an arms room I have encountered too many firearms that were beat up. Contrary to popular myth - many in the military do not take care of their weapons or their magazines as they should and a lot of the "Beretta" issues were due to poor magazines. With good mags they function well. Unless you are lucky enough to get a new firearm in the military - many are old or rebuilt hand me down's. I've had a Beretta 92fs for 20+ years now and it has functioned like a top - even with steel case Russian ammo. As to "alloys" - give me alloys any day as they are lighter and often last better than regular steel. ;)

8. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    I was issued a brand spanking new Beretta 92; it functioned well. But when I bumped a rear bumper of a 6x with the thing in my holster it took a chunk out of the alloy slide. I lost all faith in alloy weaponry...yes I do own some but mostly steel, blued and stainless.
    I served 25 years and spent several of those years as an armorer...IMO, alloy weaponry, except for the expensable stuff, sucks...give me steel.

BTW, when I joined we were issued WWII vintage .45's...and carried M1 Garands...best of the best.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013