close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus-rossi:?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by hooker, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Does Taurus own the asssets of Rossi now? Do they still make the 92 WINCHESTER copies? Sure are interested in getting one in .44 MAGNUM. I beleive when Rossi made them they were PUMAS. Do any of you know? Thanks a lot guys.

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Taurus did buy Rossi last year, but I haven't been able to find out if they are making, or gonna start making, the Puma. I'm gonna call Taurus tomorrow, so, I will let you know.....

3. Appreciate that Calvin. I been thinking about getting one of those in .44 MAG. I've seen them at gun shows, and liked the way they feel. Have you or anyone else on the forum own one? Would like to hear how they shoot. Thanks again, hooker.

4. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Taurus said that they have temporarily stopped the production of the Puma, but will resume at a later date. They are making some caliber changes, but would not say what calibers are going to be produced. They DID say that it should become a fast-favorite. As soon as I find out, I will post the answer.
    As far as shooting/owning one, no, I haven't. I don't know of anyone who does, either. I would like to hear from someone who has shot one, too. :)

5. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i have a .44 special rossi and you couldn't give me enough money to sell it .

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

OLD ROSSI

I USED TO HAVE AN OLD ROSSI .38 SPEC THAT WAS A PIECE OF CRAP! IT HAD PLASTIC HANDLES AND SHOT LIKE SH*T! I HAVE SEEN NEWER ONES THAT DON'T LOOK TO BAD THOUGH,BUT I MOSTLY BUY TAURUS AND RUGER NOW.:target: :target:

7. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

every apple tree doesn't allways make all perfect apples. every tree has a few bad apples that come from it.rossi isn't the best but if the other gun makers were perfect and there guns were perfect how come they sell upgrade parts for themwhy buy an exspensive gun to shoot if you are goin to have to change parts to shoot better don't get me wronge there is some junk out there. but wouldn't it be better to buy a lower priced gun and improve it with parts. than to buy a exspensive one and buy the parts .mr friend has a ruger and it can't hange with my rossi or my marlin.if you buy a 200 dollar gun and put 300 into it in parts and it shoots like you want it to. then you buy a 500 dollar gun and put400 into it and it shoots the same as the other. what do you say then.about all you can brag on is how much you paid for it it is all in the bragging rights . it is nice to say you payed 800 dollars for a gun untill some one comes along with a 300 dollar gun and out shoots you

8. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

HERES TO OUR NEW MODERATOR

from a POS Rossi, to AK's seems ModeratorJoe likes his guns, like his wimmens, and booze....cheap:D

this was King of the Heap NRAJOE's first post. its amazing how much he has grown in stature, from this humble beginning:right:

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Man, I didn't know how to use the caps lock either! Figures you'd go and look up my first reply...bastage! ;) :D

10. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor