taurus tcp 380 vs. kel tec p-3at

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by mc24, Nov 24, 2010.

1. mc24

mc24 G&G Regular

which of these two 380's is best. I can get the taurus for $270 out door and kel tec for $250 out door. what do you guys think is the better of the two. i have shot the kel tec but never shot the tcp. any help is appreciated. thanks.

2. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

It's a tossup, I've rented both...
    I'd go Keltec over Taurus for the Warranty. Both lifetime, but Keltec's in the USA, so faster service.

3. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

Very tough call. I have never shot a TCP but I own 3 Taurus handguns and have owned several others. I have never shot a Taurus I didn't like a lot. On the same hand I own a P3AT with a couple thousand rounds through it that has never once jammed, misfired or had a FTE. I carry the P3AT pretty much every day.

I would try to rent both and decide yourself after a couple hundred rounds.

4. ouch

ouch G&G Newbie

If you want to shoot a taurus that you don't like come over to Missouri and I can fill your hand with a pile of taurus doo doo. I like the Keltec better too.

5. markmc

markmc G&G Newbie

I have TCP-I went with it for extra clip and Pager holster-Never shot Kel-Tec but friends love them. No malfunctions with PMC FMJ or HP. I have only put a couple hundred rounds through it.Hits point of aim.

6. blat

blat G&G Addict

I have and like the Keltec. A friend has and likes the Taurus.But so many people have had terrible problems with Taurus service/ warranty the last couple years, I would stay away from them just because of that.
    I called Taurus repeatedly a couple years ago with problems on 2 Judges, even had a well known gun figure forward an email to the Taurus CEO for me. To this day, I've heard nary a response from Taurus.

7. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

The Taurus has a slide hold open on last shot. That is enough to convince me. I've looked at them a good bit and held both of those along with the Ruger LCP and I decided I liked the TCP the most. The Kel Tec is very good. The Ruger is a little better because it has a manual slide hold open that makes life easier,. But the Taurus has them both beat with the last shot hold open. It also looks better to me.

8. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

Kel-Tec, hands down. Taurus is sucky.

9. woody1981

woody1981 Love Your Firearms! Forum Contributor

Kel-Tec for sure. Made in the US, great service if you would need it, and totally reliable, at least mine is.

10. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Would'nt even look at a Kel tech, Gimmy the Taurus

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted