close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

TC Ramrod

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Mar 23, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I need a new ram rod for my .50 TC Hawken. CVA has a rod that is a bit more economical, only difference is the bullet seater end on the CVA is round as the TC is somewhat of a taper. any one see any ill effects using this, like it flys out of the gun upon firing or anything like that?

Would be used ocassionally for hunting, have a range rod for target shooting.

2. No problem with CVA ramrod used in TC, found myself in a like situation once and borrowed my sons CVA ramrod with no ill effects that I could tell. Got a new TC rod though ,just like to have a match. you can find some funny stories from people about ramrods. My brother-in-law got in a stand then noticed his ramrod missing, went back to his vehicle, broke off radio antenna and used it for a rod, claims it worked ok, I do know he got his deer and was reloaded.

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Thanks Roy,
    I had a funny story, the only misfire i ever experienced was on an AZ muley at 15 yards. i woke up from a nap, looked up & there he stood. any how, got the misfire, got mad. ended up going home. i was so shaken by the whole deal i foregot i had my screw to pull the ball on my rod. the funny part, i was 3 hrs from home. smile.