Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
only you can choose i have a tec 9 its fun , would i conceal it heck no . but personaly i wouldnt get a glock either , mabe a steyr m1a , or a 1911 , or a berretta px4 or a xd 45 , or a hk tactical , or a kimber pro carry , or a s&w 38 but thats just me

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
only you can choose i have a tec 9 its fun , would i conceal it heck no . but personaly i wouldnt get a glock either , mabe a steyr m1a , or a 1911 , or a berretta px4 or a xd 45 , or a hk tactical , or a kimber pro carry , or a s&w 38 but thats just me

Thats why i said personaly its a personal choice. just like it sound like you personaly like glocks but i dont like glocks hence my post
:smoker:

·
Registered
310 Posts
HK compact USP .45, thats my choice. I saw torture tests on them and they are really tough. I dont like the lines on the glock, too blocky for me

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Whats wrong with a glock?
I would take one over a xd, 1911, m1a or kimber for ccw.
The answer to that question is a very opinionated one. I personally couldn't hold a Glock if my life depended on it.

The XD, or better yet, M1911/M&P on the other hand, is like heaven :D

Glocks are reliable, but useless to me since I have trouble putting shots on the target.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'd pick a glock between the too, but I'm not a huge fan of selling my guns to buy others.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Whats wrong with a glock?
I would take one over a xd, 1911, m1a or kimber for ccw.

Hemi, have you ever had the pleasure of shooting an XD??? I sold my Glock and picked up TWO XD's (one in 9mm and one in .45acp) because I love them so much. They are my accurate than my Glock ever was, and they fit my hand much better. Neither here, nor there...it's mostly a matter of personal experience and opinion. Well over 1,000 rounds in each and not a single jam so far.

I would get rid of the Tec9 ASAP if you need a pistol for function. I had one, and all I ever used it for was a fun gun. Got rid of it cause sprayin' and prayin' is only fun for as long as you can afford the ammo! Accuracy is a joke on a Tec9, IMO. If you don't have a CC gun at all, you should.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Hemi, have you ever had the pleasure of shooting an XD??? I sold my Glock and picked up TWO XD's (one in 9mm and one in .45acp) because I love them so much. They are my accurate than my Glock ever was, and they fit my hand much better. Neither here, nor there...it's mostly a matter of personal experience and opinion. Well over 1,000 rounds in each and not a single jam so far.

I would get rid of the Tec9 ASAP if you need a pistol for function. I had one, and all I ever used it for was a fun gun. Got rid of it cause sprayin' and prayin' is only fun for as long as you can afford the ammo! Accuracy is a joke on a Tec9, IMO. If you don't have a CC gun at all, you should.

Well put, well put.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
maybe i should have mentioned right now i have a witness 9mm for ccw the tec-9 i was only keeping for increased value if any in the next ten yrs.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
HK compact USP .45, thats my choice. I saw torture tests on them and they are really tough. I dont like the lines on the glock, too blocky for me
Like this?: Glock 21 Torture Test - Theprepared.com :wink1:

As many have said, choosing a CC or OC gun is personal preference. After choosing on .40S&W as the caliber I wanted, I tried a bunch of different ones at Sam's gun range and decided on which one worked best and that I shot the best. It actually ended up being the G27.

·
Registered
158 Posts
All the guns mentioned are good. I have been turned into a Glock man.I originally bought the G27 as a back up. I shoot it as well as my G21. Im not that big of a guy and the G27 proved to be a lil too big. After some checking in picked up the kel tec 380. It fits in a wallet type holster and is so easy to carry it's a dream... anyway i know thats not what you were asking.... but what ever you get don't sell anything to get it. Take it from someone whos dun it .

·
Registered
3,792 Posts

tec 9s can be reliable its all in the gun

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I have a glock, Xd and Kimber that I use for CC. Tech 9 not so much. Kind of hard to conceal in the warmer months! I'd keep the Tech 9 and buy the glock.

·
Banned
10,852 Posts
Comparing a Tec-9 to a Glock is like comparing a convertible to a pick up truck. I'd prefer a small carry gun over a Tec-9 myself but not a fan of Glock. There are many other guns I'd take for the money over a Glock.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Comparing a Tec-9 to a Glock is like comparing a convertible to a pick up truck. I'd prefer a small carry gun over a Tec-9 myself but not a fan of Glock. There are many other guns I'd take for the money over a Glock.

I like the glock. But, you can't compare the two at all. get rid of that tec-9 and buy a taurus 24-7.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts