Ted Kennedy Diagnosed With Brain Cancer

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Marine1, May 20, 2008.

1. Marine1

Marine1 Guest

2. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he will finally be out of office

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Family and Friends

This is not a time for us to gloat. Ted's family and friends need all of us.
    Responsible as members at Gun and Game, caring and compassionate, decent thinking, we should remember our prayers.

4. mym1a

mym1a Guest

up until the moment sen.K.K.K. Bryd started his crying jag. I wasn't going to be so mean spirited and wish him and comrade Kennedy a very warm spot in their final resting place, however I just couldn't hold it in any more and purged my self of several obscenties, tho cathartic, I promised not to do this!!!!!!!!

5. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I feel bad for him personally, and my best wishes are with him and his family in these troubled times. I wish them well. I hope his pain will not be too great through the ordeal.

I won't be saddened professionally from his departure from the Senate, or public office.

6. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

I pray that he gets a grand funeral, the sooner the better.

7. mym1a

mym1a Guest

prayers????

You are a much stronger person then I! for me to wish someone like Ted well is very hard tho I have tried to show compassion it just doesn't come easy :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:maybe these little blue sad guys will reflect what I should feel????

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  8. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

I was trying to find an emoticon that is urinating on a grave but I've yet to find one.

9. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    He's in God's hands.
    I'm sure he will know what to do better than all of us mooks put together here.

10. .22hustler

.22hustler G&G Evangelist

The Kennedy family got their money from rum-running. Joe K. senior was a criminal boot-legger..JFK and brother Bobby were in my opinion, responsible for Marylin Monroes death. The Mafia or organized labor got those boys.. Teddy boy was a murderer and aldulterer. And yet some people worshipped the ground they walked on...Not me.

11. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

TXplt, That was a well thought out post and it expresses my feelings as well.
    I consider Ted Kennedy a political enemy and will be glad if he is out of politics. However even as an enemy I would pray for him and his family for God to ease all their suffering and give them the strength to get through these difficult times and grant them peace.

12. Coeloptera

Coeloptera G&G Newbie

Okay, seriously...you may not like his politics (I know I tend not to), but it's not like he was an evil man.

He's just a man, who's likely going to die soon. Anyone who hasn't spent their life in malice and hate deserves at least some sympathy. We'll all be there one day. it's the one thing we all share.

Death makes all men equal, Life makes all men brothers.

- Coeloptera

13. smokey

smokey Guest

I bet Billery slip him a micky for backing obamey and throwing her out with the trash.:twak::alcoholic:

14. My mother and her older brother both died from malignant brain tumors, less than a year apart.

I can understand people not liking Kennedy, and I've made too many bad jokes myself to complain about any of those. But gloating and cheering, when the man's probably going to die a very unpleasant death over the next few months?

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  15. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

It's called "justice", an alien concept to liberals.

16. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

Are you joking or not? If your not-I feel very sad for you.Are you so full of bitterness that you had to make a commet like this?

17. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

The liberal media will certainly miss him. There are thousands of people with this same affliction. They should all be in our prayers, not just him. My father inlaw just died last year from this same thing. He lasted 6 weeks after it was found. He went in because of stroke like symtoms. I think the media is going to make him out to be some kind of hero or super american. He's not!

18. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    The compassion for your fellow man is what elevates us from the rest of the animal world. I wish Ted Kennedy and his family all the best getting through the coming months.

19. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

Why should I have compassion for that communist s.o.b.?

He's already lived too long.

20. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I don't like all of his politics, but I'll give him this: he does know his job is to represent his constitutents. You contact his office and ask for help, and he'll do what he can.

When I got screwed over by the Navy doctors and denied my commission (after having been certified fit for my Merchant Marine officer's license, which has exactly the same physical as the Nay pre-commissioning physical), it was suggested by the officers in the Naval Science Department at the Academy that I contact my senator if I felt I'd been unjustly denied. I wrote Senator Kennedy, gave him the facts and asked if there was anything he could do.

He had a member of his staff call the Zoo and speak to the Admiral, the Assistant Commandant of Cadets and the Commandant of Cadets, to verify the background. Then he personally went to the Navy Department and talked to the admiral in charge of officer procurement to see what the story was. He didn't send a staffer, he went himself. He could not get them to change their minds (as a rule, admirals don't argue with BuMed findings), but he tried, pointing out to them that at a time when a lot of America's youth was actively anti-military, preventing someone who wanted to serve from serving was idiotic. He sent me a letter apologizing for his failure, and telling me I had nothing to be ashamed of. Small consolation, but he understood.

Senators don't have a lot of time to waste when Congress is in session. The fact he took several hours to review the information and then go across town to the Pentagon to meet with someone who could reverse the decision, then took a few minutes to dictate a personal letter (you can tell if it's a form letter - this wasn't) and sign it, speaks well of the man. I don't always like Ted Kennedy, but I do respect him. He has courage and a strong sense of duty to the country.