Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tell me about the Savage 110

Discussion in 'Savage' started by Dutch, Mar 13, 2018 at 5:12 PM.

1. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

And here is a site you may be interested in now that you have baptized yourself in the Savage holy water. :cool::p:D;) They have a great trigger too.
    Rocky7 and Dutch like this.
  2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

3. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

minkowski1552 and ChaZam like this.
  4. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Good buy! I have owned a Savage 110C (the clip model) for over 40 years. It started out as .270, rebarreled to 25-06 ten/12years ago. That rebarrelled rifle has shot groups under 0.2"; mind you it wears a custom barrel hand-made by a local pirate who makes competition barrels.

I also put a Rifle Basix trigger in mine when I rebarrelled it and am very happy with it.

The safety is snarky but servicable. It's too small and awkward for my big fingers but not a big deal. Note - parts for that safety seem to be gone off the planet. Don't lose or damage them if you take it apart. I tried everywhere, thinking I'd replace mine as it used to work better but no dice. So, I fiddled with mine until it worked again.

My oldest daughter shot her first deer with that 25-06 Savage. One shot and it went about three feet - straight down.

IMO, Savage makes the best plain-jane rifles on the planet - bar none.
    minkowski1552, ChaZam and Dutch like this.
  5. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

No Letter Prefix or no serial number = made prior to 1968
    "A" prefix started in 1968 when the 'Gun Control Act of 1968' went into effect.
    "B" prefix started in ????
    "C" prefix started in ????
    "D" prefix started in ????
    "E" prefix started in ????
    "F" prefix with a serial number lower than F498821 = 1989 thru Nov. 1st, 1995
    "F" prefix with a serial number higher than F498821 = Nov. 1st, 1995 through the end of 2002
    "G" prefix started in 2003 with the introduction of the AccuTrigger
    "H" prefix started in January of 2010
    "J" prefix started in late July/early August 2013

Mine is F482300, which puts it closer to 1995 than 1989. The savage parts sight will, apparently, give me an exact date but it's down for maintenance. Until then, 94/95 might be reasonable.
    minkowski1552, ChaZam and Rocky7 like this.
  6. You'd struggle to ever lose a blind magazine. That's how I always looked at it.
  7. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist

For less than $200, that sounds like you did well.
    ChaZam, Rocky7 and Dutch like this.
  8. minkowski1552

minkowski1552 G&G Evangelist

About 8 months ago I bought a Savage 110 that looks just like yours. I called Savage up and they dated it to September of 2000. Mine is 30.06 and cost me $275 out the door.
    ChaZam, Dutch and Rocky7 like this.
  9. Slowalkintexan

Slowalkintexan G&G Regular

I know this is too late, but....DUTCH, DO NOT BUY THAT GUN!! STOP, DO NOT BUY!!!

Umm, what gun shop is it at?? I will go there and tell him to stop ripping people off,
    minkowski1552 and Dutch like this.
  10. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

Plus tax and the $15 Colorado charges for doing a background check, it was a little over $200.
    Think I have a small-claims court case?

On a serious note, I bought a box of ammo for it yesterday, figuring on taking to the range today after work.
    minkowski1552 likes this.
  11. Silver 83

Silver 83 G&G Addict

I have Sav. 110 in .270 caliber that will never be disposed of. Very accurate and reliable. I don't know how many deer it has taken. The .25-06 is a fast and flat shooting round. My Winchester 70 is in that caliber. It never failed me.
    minkowski1552 likes this.