close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Test firing... Where's the line between new and used?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, May 23, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I was thinking if I ever sold guns I'd want to test some of the kinds that come in differing levels of quality and accuracy, like CAI Garands, CETMEs, FALs of various sorts, some ARs, some AKs, and the like. I'm thinking a 5 shot group for each. Now I read that guns are test fired, but where do you draw the line?

2. I dunno BR...I used to laugh at saleman saying that the truck I was looking at was new when it had 9.1 miles one it. Of course, their explanation was that there had not been a previous owner . My response was, "Well, didn't your company own it before I bought it?"

I guess if there has not been a previous owner it can be said it's new...but if, then again, you run some rounds through the gun....is it really?

I think if you explained to someone that you ran 5-10 rounds through a gun, that it shot great, that they would appreciate knowing that. But, then again, they might want to argue the used idea too.

But, it's a great question.....fer sure.

See what you started BR? LOL

Last edited: May 23, 2002

3. i think 5 rds, is reasonable, i mean come on you gotta see if the thing works properly right?, if i sold guns, i wouldn't want to sell some guy a gun that didn't work.
    -Jesse