Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in an apartment complex that is owned by the state of Texas. I knew that pistols were prohibited under state law, but when I looked at the website my apartment complex has it said, "No Firearms."

I was under the impression that I could carry my rifles and shotguns anywhere I please in the state of Texas, especially in my own home.

Can anyone enlighten me on this topic? Are there any laws that prohibit the carrying of rifles or shotguns in Texas? If I did not place this post in the correct area please let me know.

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
You really should talk to a lawyer familiar with Texas firearm laws.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Tex, your apartments can prohibit you from keeping guns in their buildings, just as they can ban pets, smoking ect... Aside from that I claim no knowledge of Texas law.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Billy is single,has a great love and knowledge of firearms,and a little room left after getting that press and starting reloading.All jokes aside that is terrible.I cant help but I hope it all works out.Wish you the best. sam.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
*amn, that must realy suck, Texas is a great state im sure, highest lethal injection in the nation but wont let you have guns in your apartment complex, I have them in mine but im in Oklahoma: hik hik hik hik state, just like Dallas said speak with a lawyer and see what he says.

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
The apartment is government housing... Of course they don't want you to have guns.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
And where did you get the impression that pistols are prohibited in Texas by state law?

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
Who me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts