Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’ve lost pretty much all of our trees in this very early Winter Storm. We cleared land in 2011 on our 40 acres. We planted desirable trees on the ten acres that our house is. Between thunderstorms and an early winter ice storm, we’ve pretty much lost everything that we paid for. All fruit trees are gone and our pine trees look like totem poles! You can smell sap from various trees everywhere. A tornado would be hard pressed to do the massive damage to the trees, unless it was a mile wide.:(:usa::usa2: With that being said, my neighbors will be chipping in to help us old farts here. God Bless Okies. We take care of each other, but then again, it’s the Oklahoma Standard.

·
Premium Member
14,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miss Wand and I will replace those trees. We’re stubborn. Besides that, when the planets align, our plums, peaches, apples, and pecans are the best! Just like our brass! :D

·
Registered
970 Posts
I’m sitting over here, trying to remember the name of the dwarf (about 10’) peach trees from New England that we used to grow. Though short-lived, they produced the juiciest, tastiest peaches you ever ate. Typically large crops in 4 years. Dwarf something or other. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts