close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thanks asshat, laid up in the hospital, so much.for ridin' season

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by gsbuickman, Mar 13, 2017.

1. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Still thinking of you and how much you hurt. That careless act of that driver had really put a pinch in your life.

neophyte, 870shooter1 and gsbuickman like this.
  2. Still sending healing prayer your way. Any idea if or when you might possibly get sprung now that you're bolted back together?

neophyte and gsbuickman like this.

3. Mr.tbolt

Mr.tbolt G&G Enthusiast

fwiw, you should document your conversations with the doctors. And always ask for second opinions. They call it a practice for a reason.

4. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle Of Rum Forum Contributor

Well if we're gonna go with all this stuff we had better get a dermal tool for the surgery:D Use thin bailing wire for the stitchin up part and super glue to make sure the bailin wire don't come out. The duck tape will hold it all together. will need about 3 of the big rolls:D

neophyte, Cyrano and gsbuickman like this.
  5. ACfixer

ACfixer Global Warming Enthusiast Forum Contributor

L35-KAPV
    You still in the pokey brother?

6. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Thanks for thinking about me sunshine. Sorry, I've been a little busy and a little loopy on dilotta the last couple days :rolleyes: .

I got those MRIs done yesterday and talked to the neurologist this morning. There has been a lot of regrowth on that tumor and a little more than they expected, however it's not bothering me or causing me any problems and I should have plenty of time to get my leg squared away before having that issue tackled, because they need to lay me on my left leg for the surgery but that would put me on the leg that's currently all busted up and I'd end up with a compartment Hemorrhage going on, luckily I have time on my side with this one.

I hadn't heard anything from Nampa Police Department on this accident yet so I called them up and found out the sergeant handling the case has been on vacation for the last 5 or 6 days, so I went up the ladder and talked to his lieutenant and got all the details. That asshat does in fact have insurance through Safeco and he was sighted on two counts.

From the sounds of it they're going to be kicking me out of the hospital and into a rehab center for the next 6-8 weeks. I also talked to the orthopedic surgeon and found out there's still quite a bit of bone missing from my leg, so they had to fill that space in with a special cement so all the other pieces of bones could graph together around it. In two months after the other busted pieces of bones have been getting back together, he needs to go in and pull out that special cement and replace it with a bone graft that everything else can graft to. I'm telling that bone graft is in place I won't be able to put any kind of weight on this leg whatsoever because of the cement just can't handle it. So, at the moment it's looking like I won't be able to do anything with this leg for the next 3-4 months before I can finally start putting some weight on it.

Huey Rider likes this.
  7. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Appreciate your post, but I just cannot bring myself to hit the like button.

870shooter1, Jaison, SUBMOA and 2 others like this.
  8. gsbuickman

On a side note, the EMTs refused to transport my bersa thunder edc, which is probably sop. It was cleared and safety checked on site and then given to my best friends parents, because they were already in route with the truck and trailer to load my bike up and take it back to their place anyway. In a lot of ways Mon & Rob are more family than my actual family is and I've been best friends with their son for thirty-some years now, so it's all good.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Cyrano, Huey Rider, neophyte and 4 others like this.
  9. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Your Bersa Thunder was probably exempted (didn't qualify for) from Obamacare anyways gsbuickman.

;)

Thanks for the updates. Glad you are at least out of the hospital. Listen to what they say at PT, it is helpful. :)

ChaZam, SUBMOA, Huey Rider and 3 others like this.
  10. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

gsbuickman: Sir, What a mess. Thanks for our updates :)

11. Thanks so much for the update. I hear ya about being loopy from pain meds, but better a bit loopy than hurting so badly all you can do is cry.

Glad you've had your MRI, but it stinks that the tumor has grown as much as it has. Sounds like the neurosurgeon has a handle on what's going with it, and that you've got time to heal up before they go in after it. That's a positive if there's any to be found from this mess.

Just the thought of 6-8 weeks of rehab and then back in for bone grafts has got to suck! Especially because you'll have more rehab after that to get you back up and walking on that leg. Do the exercises they give you and see if you can push through a little bit extra every time. You'll be up and going a lot sooner that way. It may not seem like it, but the sooner you rebuild the muscles in you leg, the sooner they'll be able to do the grafts and the sooner you'll be back to full speed.

Good move on calling the PD and getting the info. It's got to be a relief to know he's been cited and that he has insurance. Any idea how badly your bike was damaged? Don't forget to add any damage to your Bersa, helmet and leathers when you do your claim for the bike ;)

Hang in there. Still sending healing prayers your way.

gsbuickman, neophyte, SUBMOA and 3 others like this.
  12. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    GS, this sucks to hear. But id rather hear from you, than from someone else, being said about you!

Prayers continue....

bobvonb, Ten Man, gsbuickman and 2 others like this.
  13. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Thanks for the update. Prayers continue for your recovery. Like everyone says, do as the docs say and do your PT and a little more.

gsbuickman, neophyte and SUBMOA like this.
  14. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster."

15. Cyrano

Which variety of Bersa were you carrying?

gsbuickman and neophyte like this.
  16. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ten Man, SUBMOA, ChaZam and 1 other person like this.
  17. gsbuickman

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  18. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Just catching up on the posts in this thread... Prayers continue for you big boy...

gsbuickman likes this.
  19. Cyrano

gsbuickman and neophyte like this.
  20. gsbuickman

70172-461bf7d851e3ad66016ddc2e4122873c.jpg 70173-3050e6c918d5c017571d986083fe9cfa.jpg

No, it's a 7+1 single stack. The Thunder plus is the double stack model, this is slimmer and easier to carry. I can also get 9+1mag's for it