The Beltway Sniper, "Assault Weapons" & The Coming Storm.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cranky-Kraut, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Cranky-Kraut

Cranky-Kraut Guest

Well guys,
    It looks like this Beltway Sniper guy is gonna unleash a whole new wave of Assault Weapon Bashing, are you ready?

Already the news reporters talk about the uncanny skill and precision with which this guy does his deadly work. I keep trying to tell my coworkers that I could take any of them, train them for 15 minutes at the local range with a nice, scoped rifle and have them making many of the same "clean" shots that this sniper is doing.

They are already vilifying the .223 round as if it were something cast of pure evil and good for nothing but illegal slaughter of innocent civilians in supermarket parking lots.

Owners of "assault weapons" are once again being depicted as trailer-park nut-cases and those who not only dare to own such offensive weapons but also train to use them safely and accurately are only one step away from being the Spawn of Satan himself.

Please return your seat to the upright position and fasten your seat-belts kids! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!

2. I've been expecting it.

I even heard a Congressman ....a republican, no less....on tv this morning (can't recall his name) denouncing current gun laws as being ineffective and advocating change.

3. AR-tim

AR-tim Guest

Since I haven't heard details, what kind of rifle is he using (any idea??), and what is the farthest shot he took? I am waiting for some moron to use a single shot rifle for something like this....Then what is the press going to do. Thats the only type of rifle that most of them view as acceptable. The police should civilians to practice "counter-sniping" in this situation...:)

4. VOTE!

Howdy,

It is upon us all to call, write and e mail every Senator, Congressman Govenor and Mayor that publicly denounces current laws or cries for new ones and bans.

We must all be vigilant and not leave it to anyone else any longer.

This election is pivotal, you must Vote! And vote Pro Gun, across party lines or against union wishes. And Vote their RECORD, not what they say now.

Also,

I am trying to contact the NRA to try and start a push for every NRA member to give at least one gift membership this year. I will be filling out the renewal form despite my lost dog post in the Gun Room, and I will do so for two people this year.

(Priorities are not lost on me either, I am also giving to a few charities that I trust)

An investment in our future, in our country and in our freedom.

So I guess I am laying down a two part challenge now, and I will post this on all the boards I go to as well. Sign up your wife, or son or a gun owning friend. Or someone you know will appreciate and benefit from being a member. 70 million plus gun owners and less than 10 percent are NRA members.

Can't find someone to sign, send a bigger contribution, or join another organization that fights for gun rights. The gauntlet has been thrown down, will you pick it up?
    :cheer:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2002
  5. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I'm just glad I'm not in those cop's spot right now...they can do no right as far as it seems...just a guessing game...

6. Ooooops......some how the following got posted twice.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2002
  7. They reported a person was witness to this guy shouldering the gun....shooting...getting in the vehicle........30 yards away!

Perhaps if they allowed citizens to carry there then maybe....just maybe....the witness could have intervened and prevented the tragedy.

Then again, perhaps not, since I also heard the witness freaked out and can't provide many details about the guy(s).

But, hey....with some of us trained for that there may have been some caps popped and one dead sniper with no future of shooting another person.

8. Yup!

Howdy,

I'da left him with a few FMJ 9mm holes in and about his person!

But then figure this angle, you see him shoulder, you whip out yer pack gun, bust 5 or 6 shots into perp.....

Libs say you used too much force, killed him when he was not threatining you, and God help ya if you had no permit......

I know, better to be judged by 12 than carried by six......

But if the 12 are east coast libs, you will be judged by 12 and picking up soap for 40!

9. Cranky-Kraut

Cranky-Kraut Guest

With so many people in our nations capital that really are deserving of a shot to the head....why does this loser choose innocent civilians at gas stations?

Oops, did I say that?

I'm sorry.

10. amadeus77

amadeus77 Guest

Cranky,
    I'll second that...

11. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

My question is how can the media blame assault weapons for this, when the trigger has to be pulled by a person? And, if the people are being shot with ONE bullet, does that make a semi-auto the ONLY weapon he could be using?
    Like I said in an earlier post, I think they ought to give everyone in DC and the surrounding areas a media ID badge. Seems to be the safest people on those streets are the media hounds.....

12. Cranky-Kraut

Cranky-Kraut Guest

Dear Calvin,
    There are those amng us who would capitalize on any opportunity...relative or not, to scream the evils of firearms.

Rosie O'Donnell has been quoted as saying "If you own a gun you should go to jail." A few months later she became irate when her personal bodyguard was denied a concealed handgun permit.

Sarah Brady....the woman behind the Brady Bill was recently accused of violating federal firearms laws when she bought a rifle using her name and then gave it to her son as a gift!

Do you see anything wrong with this picture? You and I are clearly too ignorant to own firearms but those who want to take them away are not...

It's all politics my friend. After half a lifetime in Soviet Occupied East Germany I already know about nations where only the Government is armed. I also learned alot about the darker side of human nature and can confidently say..."When they come to take MY guns away, they better be wearing their Kevlar Vests."

I have been denied the right to defend myself once already. It WILL NOT happen a second time.

13. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

First off, as far as Sarah's husband is concerned, he had Secret service agents 4 feet away from him when he was shot. How in the hell can Sarah look people in the eye, and say it's "best to call 9-1-1 and wait for the police", when the best-trained LE agents were 4 feet away from her husband? What could ever posess this moron to tell us that we don't need guns, because cops will take care of us?
    As far as Rollie McDonald, her hypocrosy is even more far-fetched in that her kids are worth more than anyone elses' kids. God forbid someone elses' kid can do better than hers can.
    I realize that there are idiots who will capitalize on a woman falling off of a curb and messing up a $500 buisness dress while she was talking on the phone and applying her make-up. My point is simply that the anti's are so far off base here, I cannot believe the majority of people don't see it. If these same people were to research the facts, and listen to what's being said, I can guarantee that people would understand the true meaning of the term "idiot box".
    I agree that firearms are dangerous, but no more so than a car, a trip to the dentist, or "routine" surgery. I just cannot lower my thought process to these idiots' level and see any logic. Can you?

As far as if they come to get MY guns, they'd better be wearing MORE than a kevlar vest.......

14. amadeus77

amadeus77 Guest

I agree with everything said above. I never trust the media, but I find it kind of interesting that majority of Americans blindly do. What is more interesting is that most choose not to trust them only when the media are hurting their personal interests and refuse to question what is being served to them on some other ocasions.

15. Cranky-Kraut

Cranky-Kraut Guest

"Our job is to give people not what they want, but what we decide they ought to have."
    - Richard Salant, former President of CBS News

"No truly sophisticated proponent of repression would be stupid enough to shatter the facade of democratic institutions."
    - Murray Levin