Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Global Warming Enthusiast
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait till you see rubs from them scraping the velvet this fall. Then maybe a few ruts on your property.
I had a lot of old barb wire fence hidden in brambles on my property when I bought it Randy, it was really inhospitable even for deer... Over the winter I have cleared all the old fencing and most of the sticker bushes out, I left some nice areas for bedding and some cover. Then I cut several ATV trails in so it's easy to get around without making a lot of noise. Already I am seeing nice game trails where the deer can easily pass through and much more deer activity on the property compared to last year. Plus it's a lot nicer to enjoy the property, more like walking in the forest vs. bushwhacking to even get 15 feet through it.

Global Warming Enthusiast
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is an amazing deer, saw him last year and was hoping he'd be around this year. I think I am getting him figured out, we have an early Archery weekend last weekend in August, I need to get a crossbow dialed in ASAP.

Premium Member
I was leaving work last night after dark. I scared two red fox and then when I was driving out I saw the big buck. Huge rack already and not quite done growing. Covered in dark brown velvet. He just stared at me from the edge of the road as I sat with my lights on him for a little bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts