The Cat Chronicles, Redux, Redux...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ChaZam, Aug 23, 2017.

1. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

So I went to Ft. Worth and got this little fellow this afternoon. Probably about 3-1/2 weeks old and dumped at a vet clinic in Mansfield, Tx. 20170823_190330.jpg

Rocky7, Dutch, jwrauch and 2 others like this.
  2. ChaZam

He's not really as scruffy as he looks in this picture. He was just almost dry from a hardcore flea bath with the Dawn detergent. Had a major wad of fleas on him so I'll deworm him a 2 or 3 times here in close succession and give him another bath or 2 so we can break the life cycle of the fleas and the subsequent parasites. But he's really a good looking little rascal and will be a beautiful cat if I can get him healthy and keep him that way. I'm syringe feeding him formula and am giving him a taste of some canned chicken kitten food and in a week or so I hope to have him lapping up some gruel out of a bowl that I'll make by stirring some formula into some canned food. He weighed 12.3 ounces on my little postal scales.

texnmidwest, Rocky7, Dutch and 3 others like this.

3. ChaZam

4. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Out
    THAT, sir, is one of gsbuickman's ewoks! Lol!

He's a little beast, isn't he? Keep us up to date on his critterness, will you, ChaZam?

jwrauch and ChaZam like this.
  5. ChaZam

Jaison this little guy will be a beautiful cat I think.

Jaison likes this.
  6. Jaison

Out
    I had a brutally ugly kitten that turned into a big, handsome rascal. His name was Shlomo. Black American Shorthair and my best buddy for nearly 15 years.

He was a better person than I will ever be.

Rocky7, White Rook and ChaZam like this.
  7. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I think they suckered you into adopting a Tasmanian devil.

8. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Cute little goober. Once he gets his adult coat, he'll be sleeker.

Capt'n Mil Coll, jwrauch and ChaZam like this.
  9. ChaZam

Here he is an hour or so ago. He seems bright eyed, alert, good appetite, almost has using the litter box on his own figured out, teeth look good, bright pink gums, purrs, seems to be a happy camper. I did give him a small dose of dewormer earlier too.

10. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

So...have you picked out a name yet??? There was a character from the Little Rascals that might fit - guess which one???

mdj696 and ChaZam like this.
  11. ChaZam

I intended to post his name but I might have missed that. I named him "McVie" after John McVie who is the bass player in Fleetwood Mac...

Wicked109, ncnascarlady and Jaison like this.
  12. Jaison

Out
    A bright spot in a fairly gloomy day! Thanks for the videos, ChaZam.:)

Pretty soon he'll be dating chicks and asking to borrow the car.;)

13. ChaZam

Here's another one ... Hard to video him or get pics because he keeps coming at me and closing the gap.

texnmidwest likes this.
  14. Jaison

Out
    Hahaha! Fantastic! Got a real soft spot in my heart for those little hellions.

texnmidwest, ChaZam and Wicked109 like this.
  15. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

McVie - good name. As for Fleetwood Mac - they are my all time favorite band, I love their music.

Jaison, ChaZam and Big Dog like this.
  16. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

He looks like he's gonna be a real explorer. He will be all over the place. :cool:

Jaison and ChaZam like this.
  17. He is just too cute for words! It's going to be fun watching him grow up :)

Jaison and ChaZam like this.
  18. ChaZam

Me too. Over a very long period of time they have been the best live band that ever took the stage in my estimation. Back in 97 when they were doing "The Dance" tour they were really at the top of their game. Got to see them at their Dallas stop on that tour for my 50th birthday present just a few days after my BD. Also got to see The Rolling Stones just a couple days earlier on their "Bridges to Babylon" tour at their stop at the NASCAR track in Ft. Worth. It was great too, but FM was just too stellar, no contest.

19. ChaZam

In a few more days if McVie is doing well and doesn't appear to have any health issues I'll put the baby gate in the doorway to my foster room and leave the door open. That way I can still keep him confined to that 12' x 12' room for awhile yet my cats can jump over easily to get acquainted with him. That way they can groom him and he will learn a few feline social skills from them.

ncnascarlady and Jaison like this.
  20. Sounds like a good plan. It'll do him a world of good, especially if one of yours is extremely maternal and both are super social. :)