The Cat Chronicles, Redux, Redux...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ChaZam, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Haha! Outlaws abound at Papaw’s.

ncnascarlady and ChaZam like this.
  2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

This popped up on my Facebook memories today. A friend who adopted 3 of my former fosters shared it with me 5 years ago and it's even more appropriate now as it was then. This expresses the essence of fostering far better than I could ever verbalize it.

[​IMG]
    And here's a little video from a few minutes ago.
    "After feeding, freshening up water bowls, and scooping litter boxes I had to entertain the kiddos for a little bit. They sure enjoy me being on the floor to play with them, and they also have gotten very civilized in bed with me. They do realize that they have to play with me differently than the way they interact with each other. I am going to miss them when they've moved on to bigger and better things."

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    ncnascarlady and blue fox like this.

3. Jaison

They sure are the spitting image of their Papaw.

You’re doing a great job with the current herd of felonious felines.

ChaZam and ncnascarlady like this.
  4. ChaZam

Mid afternoon I loaded these 3 up and took them to the Lake Dallas Shelter.

And here they are at the shelter in a play room with some other kitties.

And below is a bio I wrote up about them so potential adopters would know a little bit about them.
    "Barron, Melania, & Donald
    This little feline triune came to me on July 7th after being orphaned when their mom was ran over. Their approximate DOB woiuld have been about 07/01/2020 being as their eyes didn't open until a few days later on the 10th and 11th of July. I was contacted by a friend of a friend and took them in to foster. So we've bottle fed them and transitioned them to gruel and then to real cat food finally. They have done quite well overall and have been a joy to have around here after the initial hard work of around the clock bottle feeding. The 2 DMH black ones I named Donald and Melania and the DSH tabby I named Barron.

As with almost all kitties they greatly enjoy their toys. They have a blast with track balls, wand toys, ping pong balls, practice golf balls, weed eater line, rawhide mocassin laces, plastic pill bottles with beans in them so that they rattle, bags, boxes, fake mice, stuffed toys, cat trees, scratching posts that are wrapped with sisal rope, cardboard scratching pads, and the list could go on forever.

A few weeks ago I introduced them to the 3 adult cats in the household and let them have access to the whole house instead of being confined to the foster room. They were universally accepted and liked by my 3 mellow cats, and have been the recipient of daily grooming by Riley and Shadow and ocassionally by Kimmie too. It's not uncommon for one or more of them to spend at least part of the night in my bed and all 3 have gotten to be quite cuddly and snuggly at times. They have been fed lots of grain free canned and dry food brands and varieties so consequently they are not picky and they have really thrived and at 2-1/2 months of age they are all over 3 pounds.

I think they'll mature into some beautiful well mannered cats for some lucky adopter. They are tightly bonded too so adopting a pair or all 3 even would be great if an adopter was so inclined. At this young age though they would probably adapt to being an only cat if they had stuff and activities to keep them entertained and out of mischief. They have met some strangers and did well, but they haven't met dogs. Adios babies, old Papaw has enjoyed your journey through his heart and casa..."

And a few pics.
    Melania

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Barron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Donald
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  5. Jaison

Bittersweet, brother.

No way to thank you for sharing those three with us. These posts are a blessing, but not nearly the blessing you’ve given so many little souls over the years.

God bless you, Rex, and Godspeed to the littlest critters.

K75RT, ncnascarlady and ChaZam like this.
  6. ChaZam

Jaison, don't hold your breath, BUT...
    They have a sweet Russian blue momma cat with a litter of 6 kittens she had a week or so ago. They also have a black and white momma cat that was giving birth when I left about 5 PM. They say she is semi-feral but getting a wee bit friendlier, so I probably don't want to bring her here. But the Russian blue I might go get on Monday. I told Cindy I needed to think about it over the weekend and she said that was probably a good idea...

EDIT: Here's a picture of her and the kitties on Sept. 7th shortly after they were born as you can see they weren't all dry yet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    K75RT, blue fox, Jaison and 1 other person like this.
  7. Can't wait for more pictures. :)

Cyrano, ChaZam and Jaison like this.
  8. Jaison

Ditto nascarbabe, Rex!

Going to clean out another corner of this blackened heart to store more Papaw videos and pics.

9. ChaZam

Well geez peeps, I haven't committed to doing this yet...

K75RT and Jaison like this.
  10. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Awwww. Look at that pic again. Ya KNOW yer gonna!:p

11. Yeah but we know you will! :) :p

Cyrano, ChaZam and K75RT like this.
  12. Jaison

Don’t make M’Lady get out the skillet, brother. LOL

When and if you get a new shipment of CATerpillars, we’ll be waiting, my friend.

ncnascarlady and ChaZam like this.
  13. Naaaahhhh. If I thump him with the skillet he won't be able to take care of the little fuzziness balls. :)

Jaison, ChaZam and K75RT like this.
  14. No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Pease, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Pease, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Pease, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Pease, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Peace, No Kittens No Pease, No Kittens No Peace....!!! LoL sorry couldn't help it...

Jaison, ncnascarlady and ChaZam like this.
  15. ChaZam

^^^ You peeps are bad girls & boys. LOL

Jaison and K75RT like this.
  16. Yup! We sure are and you love it! :D :p

Jaison, ChaZam and K75RT like this.
  17. ChaZam

According to some contacts at the shelter Melania was adopted today...

Jaison and ncnascarlady like this.
  18. Jaison

That’s beautiful and ‘smile-ful’. Fuzziness balls. Excellent description, M’Lady!

ncnascarlady likes this.
  19. Jaison

Home run!

K75RT and ncnascarlady like this.