1121 - 1140 of 1218 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,123

·
Premium Member
8,826 Posts
Excellent start to the day, Brother! Thanks!

These latest urchins don’t seem as vocal as the last bunch. That’s interesting.

·
Premium Member
23,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,125
Excellent start to the day, Brother! Thanks!

These latest urchins don’t seem as vocal as the last bunch. That’s interesting.
The black one with the most white and the smallest tabby/white one are both pretty vocal when I go in there to feed them. (so they usually get fed first, LOL ) I'll be glad when I can just let them run loose with the other 6 but they still aren't using the litter box 100% of the time. Maybe just a few more days and they'll have that light bulb moment. I've had some tough ones in the last 3 litters I guess, but overall these are doing pretty well for wee ones that the mom sort of dumped and quit taking care of from what I was told.

·
Premium Member
23,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,126
Here's a couple pictures I made earlier.

These 2 are Greg & Colette, named after a niece of mine and her hubby.

I named these 2 Deanna & Roger after my sister and her hubby...

I should have washed there itty bitty faces. They are finally beginning to get a little neater and I am happy about that. Up until just a day or 2 ago they walked through their water bowl and food into the titter box and then through the doo doo back through the food and water. So everytime I went in to feed them I had to do a MAJOR cleanup while the four of them were screaming for their supper. So a 15 or 30 minute task was taking an hour or more before I was able to head back to bed. They are doing much better now, and that's just something that fosters need to expect out of some orphaned fosters. Some of them instantly get it and some are going to make you work for it. All of a sudden though they figure things out and it's 2nd nature to them. Just a few minutes ago after taking care of them I put them on the floor to run with the other 6 kitties for awhile. I noticed that 3 of them went potty and Greg didn't. So I caught him and carried him across the room to one of the litter boxes and put him in. He jumped out and I caught him quickly and put him back in then repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. Finally about the 5th or 6th time he went to the opposite corner of the litter box, did some prodigious scratching, made a couple circles, squatted and had a man sized BM. So then I petted him profusely and praised him while taking his right front paw and helped him bury his handiwork. Repetition Strengthens & Confirms...

·
Premium Member
23,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,127
Saturday afternoon, got the other 4 out of the crate and gave them full foster room privileges. So far several hours later all is well. Had one little spot in a corner that I cleaned up a long time ago and no repeats so far a few hours later. Hopefully that sort of stuff is about over with.
And I did put another litter box in there for them also.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
33,992 Posts
I can't get the videos to run, which is a first. Any idea why, anyone?

·
NOT a new member
1,639 Posts
For quite some time I have only been getting maybe one in every forth or fifth picture to load and video clips have been many months ago that they worked. I get lots of ************* in places where a picture or video would of been.
My thought early in the year was it had something to do with I am still on an old version of windows. Just to see what it would do I logged onto GnG using the tablet that does my hotspot at the house and it did maybe one or two pictures per page and no video. So I feel better that its likely not my old computer.

This page for me starts at post 1121, post 1125 has two pictures, post 1126 has two **************** spots and one picture that came up.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
For quite some time I have only been getting maybe one in every forth or fifth picture to load and video clips have been many months ago that they worked. I get lots of ************* in places where a picture or video would of been.
My thought early in the year was it had something to do with I am still on an old version of windows. Just to see what it would do I logged onto GnG using the tablet that does my hotspot at the house and it did maybe one or two pictures per page and no video. So I feel better that its likely not my old computer.

This page for me starts at post 1121, post 1125 has two pictures, post 1126 has two **************** spots and one picture that came up.

I get that occasionally, but if I wait long enough, it finally comes up. Most times, like this one, they are instantaneous. Don't know why, but the forum seems to slow down once in a while. Sometimes, so slow I just log off, come back later & it'll be okay.

·
Premium Member
23,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,133
I can't get the videos to run, which is a first. Any idea why, anyone?

I get that occasionally, but if I wait long enough, it finally comes up. Most times, like this one, they are instantaneous. Don't know why, but the forum seems to slow down once in a while. Sometimes, so slow I just log off, come back later & it'll be okay.
You know something else that might be happening is that all of the internet carriers might have their data plans substantially overloaded. So many students are on computers at home now instead of getting a classroom education. Also so many workers are working from home and likewise are on a computer all day long taking care of stuff that they cannot do now in a personal one on one face to face environment if they were with a boss or coworker in an office situation. Chances are that all of our providers have us throttled back a wee bit as a result of that increased demand for data to use.

I know here on G&G sometimes it is really slow and difficult for it to record a "like" on a comment someone made.

·
Premium Member
8,826 Posts
The site does slow down on a regular basis. Not quite dial up speed, but darn near close.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
33,992 Posts
I shut down and rebooted when the won't-start blues extended to YouTube, and it fixed whatever the problem was. Good news for me!

·
Premium Member
23,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,139
When I put out their yummy dinner it's like every meal is going to be their last one.

EDIT: Since I've integrated some younger kitties with some that are a wee bit older, and considering that 2 of the older ones are considerably smaller than the other 4 litter mates I've continued to mix up a gruel for them at least once a day and frequently twice per day consisting of grain free dry food, grain free canned food, and about 4 ounces of the properly mixed kitten formula from Fox Valley Nutrition. Another reason I've continued to feed that is that some kitties take awhile to start drinking enough water on their own. Now they are also eating quite a bit of the dry food and are lapping up a lot of water on their own so old papaw is going to taper them off of the gruel here in the next couple days. I think they are fairly well established from a dietary standpoint that my job will get a wee bit easier again. LUCKY ME...

1121 - 1140 of 1218 Posts