The Entertainment Center

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by TNPIRATE, May 8, 2018.

1. Nice job! Are staining or painting it? I'd stain it.

TNPIRATE likes this.
  2. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

He's painting it PINK!!!

Ron The Legend and TNPIRATE like this.

3. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle Of Rum Forum Contributor

I CAN'T PAINT IT PINK. You have cornered the market on the PINK paint:D
    And if you send me a can you're gonna get a matching PINK peace sign:p:D

4. TNPIRATE

I don't know. I have 3 cans of black spray paint I picked up. All it is, is the cheap 2x10s and 2x8s from the homer store. It only cost 39.59 for the lumber. Everything else I had (screws, glue, 1x2s, wood dowels).
    Dad had some old lumber laying around that he made the legs out of, and I just added to them with the router.

I have thought about painting it black then putting a polyurethane on it.
    Still have a long way to go. Once I get all the trim on I still have to sand it down. I used all the 1x2s I have so I have a piece of 1x4 that I am going to cut down with the table saw.

Ron The Legend likes this.
  5. Even cheap wood can look a lot more expensive with a nice stain on it. :)

TNPIRATE and Ron The Legend like this.
  6. TNPIRATE

Well I ran out of 1x2s. So to improvise I had a 1x4 layin in the shed. Stripped it down to a 1x2. Looked really good. Yeah a bow or crown in it, but so what. I can shorten that end and make it work with glue and some brad nails.

Well everything was goin good until I ran it along the routing table. That piece of wood started spitin up. It looked like a beaver had gotten holt of it. Or a nasty @ssed woman with a hellasious overbite got holt of it.
    At one point the piece of wood jumped and if it wasn't for the fence and the guard on the router, my finger woulda hit the bit.
    I did however get to save and am able to use about 24 inches which will work for one part.

apparently that piece of wood had been hangin around for the 9 years I've here in the house:D

7. TNPIRATE

I know. But between the time I get the 1x2s I need, and the sanding, there is plenty of time to decide. I still got 15 days before payday.
    I am going to get some L brackets and attach it to the wall. I would sure hate to have a Tennessee earthquake come along and knock it over:D

ncnascarlady likes this.
  8. Here is a little tid bit of info you & HR might find interesting...........
    After the war, when the Spitfire was flown strictly as a photo reconnaissance aircraft, it was stripped of all armament and unnecessary weight and painted an unusual color: PINK .......

TNPIRATE and Huey Rider like this.
  9. TNPIRATE likes this.