close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The forest is open..finally

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Snakebite, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Since we had some rain the forest service opened up the place I shoot at. Went out early this morning with the 2 Mosins I havent shot yet. I was a little concerned about the front sight on the Hungarian M44 because it is moved WAY over to the left. I brought some tools with me in case I had to move it but it shot perfectly. It has the easiest and smoothest trigger of any of them. I could hit a can at 70 yards every time. Then it was time for the 91/30 Tula. That one is like a new rifle. It shoots dead on at 100 yards and has real tight groups and no flyers. The trigger took a little getting use to because it is a hard pull. This was the first time I'd shot the S&B ammo and thats what I'm using from now on. Those 180 gr. soft points pack a whallop. Of course I had to throw a few hundred rounds through the SKS too. That Tula wasnt cheap but it was well worth the money. It shoots great! :assult:

2. Congrats Snake!
    Where do you live that you can shoot cans in a National Forest? I live on the edge of the Ozark National Forest & Buffalo National River but never heard of shooting ranges being there. I know they frown upon stealing baby pine trees but.....

Just curious how that works. <grin>

3. Hey Cranky, What? No shooting range in the national forest? You must have WAY to many trees to make a shooting range. We just shoot over the tops of the cactus. Lots of that in Az. That new Tula is a real shooter. Almost got me a deer while out shooting. The problem was I was riding my dirt bike down a trail in top gear when a deer jumped out in front of me. Startled the heck out of me! They sure look big when you are closing in on them at 50 MPH on a dirt bike!