close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

the good old days

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by troy h, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Does anybody besides me miss the days when your Garand would arrive 2-4 weeks after the paper work was sent in to CMP?

2. I have a SA Receiver on order from CMP. When I receive the Mossberg 44 .22 sometime this millenium maybe the sa receiver will follow it. The sales of 1903's has back logged CMP. A friend is still waiting for his 03 and he ordered it just after the first of the year. Its like a 5 year CD. Hey Jack LaLanne is on the Home Shopping Channel promoting a jucier, god, thought he died 100 years ago.
    Update: Friend recieved 1903 A3 6-6-02, orderd it last week of March. Helping to cleanup 6-7.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2002

3. snipershot

snipershot G&G Newbie

I remember the good old days. You got one Garand per lifetime, no choice of maker, it it was in lousy shape, or a mixmaster, tough sh**. And it took six plus months to get here, and you had to shoot 3 matches to qualify and the qualification was for just one year.

Now, you get to buy 5+ Garands per year, plus two Danes and a collector, and a pile of 03's too, your qualification lasts 5 years, you get to pick your maker(s) and you can buy collector grade, service grade, or rack grade.

But that's probably not the good old days you are referring to. No I don't miss the good old days at all, cause they weren't very good. My first (and I thought only) Garand was a mix of Springfield, Winchester, IH, and H&R parts, and the stock looked like it had been run over by a M113. Since the DCM became the CMP I've received an M1D, a M1C, two collectors, two selects, and three service grades. And I ordered five more service grades yesterday. It may take a year+ to get them all, but that is part of the fun.

And I'm not some 70 year old grandpa living in the past.