close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The John Birch Society???????????

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ok Im sure this is a silly ???? but as I only recently returned from the libral side....I have been reading lots of "conservative" and "Libratarian" news/web sites.... Every now and then I come accross a refrence to the "The John Birch Society". What the heck is it? I know Dido heads are Rush fans...can figure out the other such groups but this leaves me scratching my head....Thanks all

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

This was a very, very conservative group. I tryed to find out if their still around but came up blank on the net. Thought I'd join them just for kicks and see what they were about.

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I found their web site useing Yahoo...are they for real or some waco...scientology/amway type setup?

Just got my voters card today.....Fl issued new ones...Oh my God Im a regestered "Democrat" I have so Sinned!!!!!!!

4. NRAJOE

I remember them showing up at pro Vietnam rallies with signs saying "Quick victory in 'Nam"...etc. Very anti communist to the point of almost McCarthy like.

5. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Archie Bunker was their hero,and took him seriously.

6. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i don't know what happened to them a pro-american right leaning group that use to be a thorn in lib/demo 's side back in the 50's and 60's. they were charactoized as everymans enemy, sure do miss them.:nod:

7. have they gone underground or have they sold out or what, i always have thought about joining but i can't find any info on 'em.
    -Jesse

8. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

I read one time that the John Birch Society headquartered in the ozark hills area of southern Missouri or northern Arkansas. They kept a low profile in the area and not many people even knew they were their neighbors.

Feds kept a close eye on their movements and I believe that now they've gone underground.
    Oxford
    :nod:

9. An Idea

Howdy Doglips,

Here is an idea. Everyone in Fla, or anywhere, swallow your pride and go register to vote as a Dem. Then vote the way you always have!

It should drive the libs crazy. First they will be all cocky and spewing how their ranks are swelling, then they will be horribly confused as to whay all these dems are voting conservative....:nod:

10. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    John Birch is supposedly the Nostradamus of the 20th century. The society is based off of all his predictions. There are volumes of his predictions. It's supposed to be a highly intelligent think tank that studies the multitude of Mr. Birch's predictions. They are a very conservative group, a bit flakey, but conservative.

11. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

In my younger days, just out of high school, we had a little right-wing bookstore uptown that sold the Birch Society stuff. I bought an excellent book on the workings of the KGB there. Sadly, the book store is now out of business. It seems Tallahassee is much more liberal (left-wing) these days. Jeb's got his work cut out for him on the next election. In a knock down drag out mud-wresting fight with Barbecue Reno, it'd probably be even odds.

12. BACK WHEN

THERE WAS A PARODY SONG CALLED THE BIRCH JOHN SOCIETY. NOT VERY FLATTERING.

DANA

13. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Here's another elusive group...The people who leave Bibles in hotel rooms...The Gideons
    http://www.gideons.org/

14. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    God Bless the Gideons!

15. I always wondered who they were. After a quick once over of the web site they look like a pretty good bunch. I agree with every thing I saw on there. After I take a closer look I think I might join.

Hud

16. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I am just such a synical sob that I think eveything is a scam.....whats that old joke I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member.

17. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

18. Hey Jessie long time. Thanks for the site.

19. NRAJOE

Sent for a member packet and signed up for e mail alerts. Thanks for the site L.D.!