Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I probably should've posted this on the Mosin Nagant forum, but I figured more people would see it here. My niece finally sent me the pics from her last visit a couple of years ago, when we went out shooting my first 91/30. I'll post the bunch in the photo gallery when I get time and ambition, but here are a few.

At the time my niece was 18, and five feet tall if she stretched. My number two son was just turning 15, and somewhere past six feet.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Wow, that rifle is almost at long as she is! Cool pictures.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She handled it well, too

She'd never shot a firearm before, but there wasn't an ounce of flinch in her. When we were packing up she turned to her dad (my brother) and said, "Dad, I WANT one of these..."

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
That's crazy stuff man. The first gun she ever shot was a Mosin? And she thought it was cool?! Wow, that's one tough chick. Must get it from her uncle:)

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was fun to watch her attitude change

That's crazy stuff man. The first gun she ever shot was a Mosin? And she thought it was cool?! Wow, that's one tough chick. Must get it from her uncle:)
When the idea first came up she was kind of, "Shoot a gun? Eww, why would I want to do that?!?" She was raised by her mother, not her dad, and even he never paid guns much attention (yes, he's really my brother). Then she decided that well, she'd come along and watch, but she didn't really want to even mess with it herself.

The first time that 91/30 went BOOM and echoed off the hillsides, it got her total attention. By the end of the day we were practically having to wrestle her for it, so the rest of us could get another turn.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts