Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

Went to J&G today. I could easily have burned through every credit card, savings account, and a good piece of the 401K...

But held spending to the bare necessities: A very nice 1937 91/30 (my exception to the carbine collection), 300 rounds of Bulgarian HB, 100 rounds of Brown Bear, and a camo ATI stock (for a future project). I just couldn't pass up the 1937 as the metal is beautiful, all matching stamped, and not counterbored (!!!)

My problem now is that I have the M38, M39, 91/30 and, the soon to arrive, Tula M44 waiting for bench space. I will finish the Finn tonight and get to the M38 tomorrow for the trip to the range in the afternoon. I wish I had time to refit Natalia into her new camo home... maybe by midnight.

The walnut stock will have to wait for a new M44 assembly.

As you can see I need help (in more ways than one:09:). Mosinitus... not just an addiction.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
So...

Went to J&G today. I could easily have burned through every credit card, savings account, and a good piece of the 401K...

But held spending to the bare necessities: A very nice 1937 91/30 (my exception to the carbine collection), 300 rounds of Bulgarian HB, 100 rounds of Brown Bear, and a camo ATI stock (for a future project). I just couldn't pass up the 1937 as the metal is beautiful, all matching stamped, and not counterbored (!!!)

My problem now is that I have the M38, M39, 91/30 and, the soon to arrive, Tula M44 waiting for bench space. I will finish the Finn tonight and get to the M38 tomorrow for the trip to the range in the afternoon. I wish I had time to refit Natalia into her new camo home... maybe by midnight.

As you can see I need help (in more ways than one:09:). Mosinitus... not just an addiction.
I would like to feel sorry for you Geo but I am too jealous to feel sorry for you hehe:) besides my feel sorry is broken LOL

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, not looking for pitty... just understanding... I am a sick puppy, and you are partially to blame... Mr. 1939 91/30 glossy golden beauty!

As are Steve and Rich. You are all complicit (where the hell did that word come from?) in this...

...Thanks guys.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Hello, my name is Geo and I'm an addict...:p

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, toolman I tried the 12 step program... then went out and bought more. But that's it! No more! Hey, I quit smoking after 30 years. I can do this... after the B barrel, I promise.

Ok, well maybe after the 91/30 hex. Well ok I saw a Norinko with scope at J&G for $219 maybe after that one...

OK maybe after the divorce.:bigeyes:

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Yeah, toolman I tried the 12 step program... then went out and bought more. But that's it! No more! Hey, I quit smoking after 30 years. I can do this... after the B barrel, I promise.

Ok, well maybe after the 91/30 hex. Well ok I saw a Norinko with scope at J&G for $219 maybe after that one...

OK maybe after the divorce.:bigeyes:
Geo, we feel your pain. Believe me. It only gets worse. After a stint with picking up mil surplus then the modern stuff will start looking good again. It is an illness. I confess and apologize to all that I have harmed. :09:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Geo, we feel your pain. Believe me. It only gets worse. After a stint with picking up mil surplus then the modern stuff will start looking good again. It is an illness. I confess and apologize to all that I have harmed. :09:
Thanks Tex, but the real culpret is still Russian cosmolene. It was actually detected in my bloodstream during bypass surgery. It shows up as a virus that looks like the crests of the Tula and Izhevsk arsenals. I think they said that it was hammer&sicle cells.

Hope no one is working on a cure...:)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I don,t know what it is about mosins but Ihad never seen one until mid january.Now I have three and have lost count on how many I have handled. It's only April.It's gonna be a good year.

So...

Is the store as good as the ad.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Better... When you drive into the parking area you are surrounded by empty pill boxes (ammo crates). Enter the store and the walls behind the counter are covered with military and civilian rifles (everything from lever action 300 Mags to AK47's)... and of course glass cases with just about every pistol, new and used, that you can think of... all for sale. And of course ammo up the wazoo.:)

I like Cabella's, Sportsman's, and Bass Pro, but J&G is all fireams, and stuff you won't see or handle anywhere else. I asked for a pre war 91/30 and the sales guy brought out the last two they had so I could evaluate which one I wanted. Looked at (handled) a Norinco SKS (almost bought this one), Romanian AK47 (and this one), Bushmaster, FEG-PA, SIG P6, 1911 (and these).

Ammo? You name it, bulk or box.

The biggest challenge is restraint. I wasn't kidding about cleaning out the savings, cards, and part of the 401K.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Hello, my name is Geo and I'm an addict...:p
+1 toolman
Geo anytime we can help LOL:popworm:

ohh and I have a feeling most of us do have understanding about your adiction LOL as we also have it he he

Liar , Liar pants on fire !!
what you mean willis (harmed)

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
+1 toolman
Geo anytime we can help LOL:popworm:

ohh and I have a feeling most of us do have understanding about your adiction LOL as we also have it he he

Liar , Liar pants on fire !!
what you mean willis (harmed)

Harmed: Groceries that went unbought, Presents that turned out to be Mosins, School plays that were missed because there was this nice Dragoon at a gun shop 2 hours away that I just had to go see....

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm writing up the commitment papers now. For all of us to go to the Betty Mosin clinic. They teach you to live with, and appreciate your addiction. On a similar note:

Holy crap! I was just thinking (riskly to say the least) WOW, that 1937 I bought yesterday is 71 years old!

Then I realized it's not a whole lot older than me!!!:bigeyes2::ugh1:...

·
I can justify anything.
4,879 Posts
I like Cabella's, Sportsman's, and Bass Pro, but J&G is all fireams, and stuff you won't see or handle anywhere else. I asked for a pre war 91/30 and the sales guy brought out the last two they had so I could evaluate which one I wanted.
That's a much more friendly place than SOG. SOG is nothing more than an old warehouse. There's no shopping through guns, and unless you knew what was behind the dirty old dividers, you'd never know that there's all those guns and ammo back there.
AIM's cleaner, and nicer, but there's still no shopping..:nono:

It would be nice to be able to pick through rifles, or at least be given a choice.

Presents that turned out to be Mosins,
My dad is getting a 1946 M44 for his birthday this year.. :kinky:

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I'm writing up the commitment papers now. For all of us to go to the Betty Mosin clinic. They teach you to live with, and appreciate your addiction. On a similar note:

Holy crap! I was just thinking (riskly to say the least) WOW, that 1937 I bought yesterday is 71 years old!

Then I realized it's not a whole lot older than me!!!:bigeyes2::ugh1:...
I have a 1927 ex dragoon how does that make you feel ? younger?:approve:

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
I think my next Mosin will be one of the early 1900s versions. I love the look of them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts