Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· NOT a new member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the first FN509 that came into the local gun shop, well put it on layaway. With all the hype and stuff about how great the 509 was supposed to be I somewhat spoke for the gun before I got a chance to play with it and really look into any reviews, etc.
Payed it off and picked it up first of the month.
I am totally not impressed at all, it does have nice night sights.
The trigger sucks thats as good a thing as I can say about it. I don't see where they can call the gun striker fired as the trigger does not reset on its own each pull you have to manually run the slide or be live firing for the trigger to function again. That to me is not at all striker fired.
Maybe they meant to say single action striker fired.
If you watch reviews such as Hickok45 you can tell when he is talking about it he seems somewhat perplexed by how the trigger operates. The trigger even stays 2/3 or 3/4 of the way pulled till you manually run the slide making you think there is something wrong with it, it doesn't spring back on its own. You can push the trigger out manually but that does not reset it for another strike.
I went back to where I bought this 509 and told the sales guy what mine was doing and that I felt something was wrong with it and the one on display does the same thing.
I have sent FN tech support a long email explaining my issues with the 509 and its been almost two weeks and no reply. I plan to call their tech number soon if I don't get any response to the email.
My Taurus 809 is a BETTER functioning firearm than this 509 and I can buy two of the 809's and have some change vs the 509.
I just read this morning that FN is offering 3 free magazines if you purchased your 509 between 7-1 and 8-31, must mean sales haven't been brisk. I just looked at my receipt and I paid mine off on 6-30.................dang it.

· Registered
126 Posts
I bought the first FN509 that came into the local gun shop, well put it on layaway. With all the hype and stuff about how great the 509 was supposed to be I somewhat spoke for the gun before I got a chance to play with it and really look into any reviews, etc.
Payed it off and picked it up first of the month.
I am totally not impressed at all, it does have nice night sights.
The trigger sucks thats as good a thing as I can say about it. I don't see where they can call the gun striker fired as the trigger does not reset on its own each pull you have to manually run the slide or be live firing for the trigger to function again. That to me is not at all striker fired.
Maybe they meant to say single action striker fired.
If you watch reviews such as Hickok45 you can tell when he is talking about it he seems somewhat perplexed by how the trigger operates. The trigger even stays 2/3 or 3/4 of the way pulled till you manually run the slide making you think there is something wrong with it, it doesn't spring back on its own. You can push the trigger out manually but that does not reset it for another strike.
I went back to where I bought this 509 and told the sales guy what mine was doing and that I felt something was wrong with it and the one on display does the same thing.
I have sent FN tech support a long email explaining my issues with the 509 and its been almost two weeks and no reply. I plan to call their tech number soon if I don't get any response to the email.
My Taurus 809 is a BETTER functioning firearm than this 509 and I can buy two of the 809's and have some change vs the 509.
I just read this morning that FN is offering 3 free magazines if you purchased your 509 between 7-1 and 8-31, must mean sales haven't been brisk. I just looked at my receipt and I paid mine off on 6-30.................dang it.
Seriously??. My 509 is one of the best firearms I've owned. Reset is great. I put a set of Trijicon XD XRs on mine. Maybe you aren't a striker-fired guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.