• Winchester 1300

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • other

Votes: 15 13.8%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everybody likes the Remington 870. The Mossberg 500/590 pulls it's weight around here also. Seems like the Winchester 1300 is still pretty popular. Mine is a 22" barreled turkey gun with a full choke. Winchoke of course. It can serve double duty as a home defense shotgun with #4 buckshot.:eek: :nod: The reason I bought it was because of the beautiful laminated stock and the sticker of less than $250 after tax:p

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too, use a Winchester Model 1300 Defender both in my Law Enforcement job, and for home defense.
I just can't find anything bad to say about the DEFENDER, it's the best out there as far as I'm concerned, and I own both a Rem 870 and a Moss.590, but my life depends on the faster, smoother,
better designed Winchester DEFENDER.
Thanks-sbr.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
I own a Mossberg 500 and 590, both are great, never had a problem that wasn't my fault or the fault of some darn aftermarket part.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,325 Posts
Mossberg rules, gotta riot 500a next to my bed and hunt with a nice custom grade. Best in my book for the money!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a Benelli M1 super 90 and would not trade it for the world, but the most inportant thing to remember about a gun fight is to have a gun and be able to use it... becalse the name on the side is not going to help...and if it says mossbug you know it will not...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Logansdad said:
Mine is a 22" barreled turkey gun with a full choke. Winchoke of course. It can serve double duty as a home defense shotgun with #4 buckshot.:eek: :nod: The reason I bought it was because of the beautiful laminated stock and the sticker of less than $250 after tax:p
in a fit of trying to raise money for my Colt I sold my Winchester..kinda miss it now :jaw:

·
Registered
491 Posts
I own both winchesters and mossbergs Like them all equally, each has its own use.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
currently own a winchester , but much prefer the remington. i will eliminate the winchester within the next year and replace it with an 870.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm not as husky as I once was. I use a 1300 youth model in 20 gauge. It fits so well and works great. It'll probably be my grandsons first shotgun.

My only complaint is that they don't make an iron sight slug barrel for the 20.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,980 Posts
Remmy 870 for me - I have two. My 16 gauge squirrel gun and my 12 gauge defense gun. I carried one in the Navy - I trust the 870. :cool:

·
Registered
377 Posts
jerry said:
They are missing the boat on not making a slug barrel for it FT.
They make slug barrels, they just have the scope mount built on and sticking out behind.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,204 Posts
Ah, the cantilever.
Said to keep the accuracy as the scope is attached to the barrel and dosen't have effects from "play" between the reciver and barrel. Not fond of 'em my self.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Winchester 1300 12Gauge with the 22" rifled barrel, and the 28"
winchoke barrel. I am very dissappointed with the rifled barrell, cause it won't shoot a sabot straight to save it's life! I know your'e not supposed to do this, but i am going to try shooting the old rifled slugs through it.
i just added a B-square scope mount to the gun, and i hope that might straighten my problem out. i'm going to also try the long barrell with a modified choke to see if i can shoot the rifled slugs better that way!

This my 1300's last chance to have a place in my gun cabinet. If i can't get it shooting good after this, i'm trading it in for a Mossberg 500.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Which One?

I have all three shotguns.
They are all great.
I have hunted succesfully with all of them.
Mostly shooter and not shotgun anyway.

:) :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts