close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

the One you shoot the most

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Which one do you shoot the most ? :confused: Why ? :confused: :fuss: :rolleyes: :nod:

2. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

1898 Krag Jorgensen, Smoooth bolt action and it doesnt beat up your shoulder.

3. SKS. The ammo is cheap and you cant stop at just twenty rounds.

4. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I say it goes in spurts. Lately its been black powder but generaly the Mosins and SKS get the most work from me. My wife generaly only shoots her 9mm and the kinds may try one of the big guns but pretty much keep to their 22s.

5. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Well this is a toss up I rotate through my toys so they don't get jealous of one another. This weekend for instance was the .223 conversion of the AR and the Beretta 92. Next weekend I am planning on the 6x45 AR conversion and the .308 and then the P220

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

It's a toss-up between my Stevens 416 heavy-barreled .22 and my Yugo SKS.

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    It would have to be one of my .45's. I make it a point to shoot at least one mag a day. The main reason being, it makes me feel better. The only time I don't is when it's raining.

8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

My Springfield V-12 ported .45 and my Taurus Tracker 6inch barrel .22, both are a blast even though their total opposite ends of the spectrum.

9. with out a doubt my K98k and SAR1 both have extremly cheap ammo, and both are fun as heck to shoot!!:assult:
    -Jesse

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My Ruger 10/22 just doesn't compare.....

11. NRAJOE

Yeah I like my 10/22 stainless too...do you have a Hogues stock on yours Logansdad? Been thinking about getting one and putting a bipod on it.

12. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

no, I have the factory composite piece of junk stock...I have been looking for a laminated stock though.

13. NRAJOE

They make some nice ones for it, even with thumbholes...hey StockDoc, if ya read this ever think about doing 10/22 stocks?

14. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

You can get some nice 10/22 stocks from Midway or precisiongunstocks.com

15. Ak with 75 round drum--Now that's a freezer full.

16. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Depends on my mood and which one I bring the most ammo for. Sometimes it's my friend's AR-180, sometimes it's my G3, sometimes my SKS, sometiomes one of our 12ga shotguns. M1 Garand is great, but the ammo costs a lot and you can get similar ballistics from 308. My G3 has a scope too.
    Favorite things to shoot at include Teletubbies, Pokemon, Furbies, Barney, N-Stink, plastic jugs filled with water, and the ever popular television.

17. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I hunt so, my 12 GA 870 of course, by default. For plinking fun the 1911 is neck and neck with the venerable 10/22