Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24,817 Posts
I found this article on the S&W L-frame outstanding... a lot of information on the development of the fine revolver...https://revolverguy.com/the-smith-wesson-l-frame-story/
What an awesome article!

I have a S&W Model 66-5 that is NIB. I have never shot it, because I wanted to save it for a gift to a grand child. I had a 66-3 years ago, that I bought brand new, and really enjoyed shooting it, until I stupidly sold it.

I would absolutely LOVE to acquire a Model 66 with a 3" barrel, for CCW.

I am not particularly concerned with the forcing cone cracking problem, because the Model 66 would only get shot with .357 Magnum 158 grain JSP ammo, and only in a self defense shooting. The rest of the time it would be shooting .38 Spl. 158 grain FMJ ammo.

Reactions: neophyte and K75RT

· Registered
1,261 Posts
I met Bill Jordan in Denver in the early 80's at the NRA Convention at the S&W booth. We talked about the L frame and handled and dry fired the stainless model. I was impressed but due to winning a GP100 at a Raffle never bought the Smith. Bill was a really class act and I'm so glad I got to meet him

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.