The Thing From Another World

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PAPA G, Sep 26, 2002.

1. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

was watching that old 1950's classic. first time i ever noticed in the very, very beginning is a pair of crossed lever guns and A Winchester Rifle Company Production around them. think it was "the" Winchester Company??? any ideas???:eek:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I just watched that yesterday too! Love those old 40's and 50's horror and sci-fi flicks...so hokey their funny!

3. PAPA G

I LUV THEM OLD FLICKS TOO....

however they're not all hokey. the advances in special effects has only made them seem that way.:spaceship

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Me too....

I love the old Black & White movies...My favorite TV show of all time is "The Twilight Zone" :eek: :rolleyes: :assult:

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

"The Thing From Another World" - whooda thought that green-skinned monster would go on to become our favorite Dodge City Marshall?
    Many of those old Scifi movies are so bad, their good! Great fun to watch. I kinda miss Elvira's program - good ol' movies and a foxy babe, too. ;)

6. PAPA G

SO BACK TO MY QUESTION

Did the Winchester Rifle Company have anything to do with the making of this film???:confused: does anyone know???

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Papa G, here's an interesting tidbit:

http://www.sciflicks.com/the_thing_from_another_world/

They mention "Winchester Pictures" as one of the two production companies.

Here's a site on the history of the Winchester Company, but sadly no mention of Winchester Pictures:
    http://www.thckk.org/winchester-hist.html

Well, after a lot of web surfing, it's still hard to link the movie with the Winchester arms company. I haven't found anything on "Winchester Pictures" themselves.

8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yeah Big Dog, I miss Elviras "pumpkins" too! :( :p