Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncle Mikes

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as some people might know I am not a tall skinny European model dude, I am a corn fed full grown Midwestern guy. I am 6'5" and weigh in at about 360 pounds now. I am a new concealed carry holder and am using an aliengear iwb tuck cloak 3.0 holster to lug around an xds 4.0 45. Do these iwb holster ever get comfortable to wear? Ugh if I find a comfortable spot on my waist line for this thing then its an awkward feeling drawing my weapon out and if I have a good draw then I am not going to be sitting down in any comfort at all. I have had owb plastic holsters but those always felt and looked floppy and never fit the way you imagine them doing. I might just need some time and become comfortable at carrying this new to me gun and wearing this type of holster I don't know. I guess this is a thread more to document the journey to finding a comfortable holster and maybe helping other big men out that haven't been carrying for years on or off the job.

·
Banned
1,065 Posts
Reactions: neophyte

·
Banned
1,065 Posts
Here ya go TM. I took a selfie in a mirror. The holster is actually on my right side. But you can get an idea of how it sets.
Product Textile Pocket Bag Denim

·
Registered
943 Posts
I like a minimal holster like just cover the gun maybe a sweat guard, i build kydex holsters so i have done a few large holsters (extra mags etc) but personally i want the holster to be just bigger than the gun
Dress shirt Collar Sleeve Shirt Standing
thats a 7 shot .357 with a 4" barrel i carry everyday (and i work for a living in a chemical distribution center so its not like i just sit around doing nothing all day) carrying concealed is something you have to get used to but once i got "comfortable" with it, the only time i dont have my gun on me is in the shower
Shadow
this is the last holster i built (for a shield with laser/light) for a better idea of how much holster i prefer to have haha

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
I voted Crossbreed because of the "class" of holster it is, but mine is a knock-off from a local company. My 'overweightness' is mostly pot belly and not as much side overhang so I carry mine at maybe 3:30 or 4 o'clock. Too far forward pinched the leg and too far back is uncomfortable and hard to reach for me. A small-of-back holster is very comfortable for me but I had concerns about a hard object against my spine if I land on my back.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 months in and I am wearing the aliengear all the time when I am out and about and even sitting around the house. Got used to the feeling of it against my skin so no t shirt needed to wear in as well now. Occassionally got to tighten up the screws that hold the it all together. So far it has been a good experience dealing with this company and their product seems to really hold up and after a couple of months of wearing it I finally got a lot comfortable with it, comfortable enough I wear it to church and not worry about it being seen. Anyway thought I would post my little follow up, I also bought the large shell and the small shell to carry my 1911, bersa 380, and P22 as well depending on where and and what I am going to be doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts