The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

yard is mowed. Stray animal poop (cayenne pepper cured that problem) is picked up and bird bath has clean, fresh water. I am done. Now to figure out what to do to entertain the wife.

rando, TXplt, Mindy up North and 2 others like this.
  2. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Got the bagger installed on my new mower, blades changed to the "hi-lift" blades, & first 8 hour grease job done! Tested it on the driveway & it picked up everything but the wet clumps of dirt, caused by the rain last night.

Not a hard job to do, but all the bending, kneeling, etc is hard on an old geezer! Thought I was gonna hafta get help, loosening the nuts on the blades!:rolleyes:

rando, TXplt and neophyte like this.

3. Settled in watching qualifying for the Coca Cola 600 tonight. It's gonna be a great race!

Got laundry done, dishes washed and potato salad made for tomorrow afternoon. I'll make the burgers in the morning and toss them in the fridge so they firm up before they go on the grill, weather permitting.

I need to get the grass cut but with all the rain we've had, it's still too wet. It doesn't help that I need to replace the upper drive belt. It wouldn't be a problem except I have to order one because it's an oddball size. :rolleyes:

Other than that, not much happening here.

rando, TXplt, Jaison and 2 others like this.
  4. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    I guess that’s why you faintly reminded me of Mrs Doubtfire from time to time. No offence. Looks to me like you done good. Real good.

neophyte likes this.
  5. Merle

Merle G&G Evangelist

maybe order two - one for next time??? :D

neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  6. aht_six

aht_six G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Minnesota
    Burned up a bunch of .338 Win Mag and .300 WSM today. Trying some different loads, and playing with the 200 yard metal targets. The .338 really makes that small disk spin.
    C170E0E2-6F97-487B-B051-85CBE275A358.jpeg

7. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I went to the store to get a few things that were either hot specials or necessaries. I got the wild caught Alaskan sockeye salmon ($7.99/lb for the amusement of the folks that live in Alaska - close to half price). I got cream and cherries for the kids to snack on (which have just come in around here) and I even remembered the bath soap and hot dog chili. I forgot the hot dog buns.:oops:

rando, TXplt, Jaison and 3 others like this.
  8. I'm thinking about ordering an upper and lower and doing both.

jerry, TXplt, Mindy up North and 3 others like this.
  9. Merle

Merle G&G Evangelist

might as well - once you are in that deep..... :cool:

10. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

OTZ Alaska over to the store canned salmon goes for $13 a can.

neophyte, TXplt and Mindy up North like this.
  11. Mindy up North

Mindy up North G&G Evangelist

Hmmm... Grab the vacuum? That should be some entertainment. :p

12. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

FE33A9E4-95B1-47D7-95AF-2F0DA64D8C92.jpeg F8486918-8501-4DC5-9355-5418BEBB2BC4.jpeg Been working non stop. The element had a flat — found out later it was due to an 8 inch (that’s right) long wood boring bit. Tire guy was great but it needed a new tire.

After that pressure washed and sealed the concrete patio with 5 gallons of sealant and re-stained the deck.

E48BBA62-1B40-43B5-B9E6-B86559DBD55E.jpeg

Oh and got jumped by a snake. Thought it was a copperhead so I shot it with a 12 gauge but it might just be a corn snake.

2C4A6419-7658-4F64-9BC6-9A7C91D040B6.jpeg

jerry, Moroco Mole, neophyte and 6 others like this.
  13. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I will have you know that I am QUITE capable of using a vacuum cleaner and have done so many times. I ended up taking her to a winery where we spent several hours drinking much wine. The oldest granddaughter showed up and had a glass with us.

14. Yeah but can you wash windows? :p

Gray Wolf and neophyte like this.
  15. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Sorry, brother. Definitely a corn snake.

He’s scarfing mice and crickets and singing alto with the Choir Invisible.

16. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

There are different kinds of copper heads. But up here it is easy to tell. Ours have a lighter "Copper" collard head then the rest of the body and it is head is flat. Plus they smell like cucumbers from about 5 ft away.

Any way can't sleep very good tonight. The wife and I both have sinus infections, as verified by our virtual doctors visits. These steroids are playing havack with me.
    Our church opened back up yesterday, but we could not go. As we were told not to come if we had any sickness at all. :(

Other than that life is pretty good, May go look at some mini barns tomorrow. Maybey go over to the next county to the Amish family I wheel and deal with, to buy some hive cap to render into beeswax for bullet lube, candles and such. Called them (they have a pay phone in their yard) they will have their half acre indoor farmers market open tomorrow. And they will be bringing some honey and hive caps chunks. Plus pickled corn and home made pies:)
    I did tell you guys... I really like pie? :D

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    OneShotKill, jerry, Jaison and 5 others like this.
  17. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    Working today - at double time and a half.

rando, jerry, Moroco Mole and 3 others like this.
  18. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

That’s just a mock up
    The tires will be the same

19. billy

Bought two more totegotes
    This’ll be fun! FAD15922-277A-4114-ADA7-1591AAFF9AD2.jpeg 882D6806-E8A4-4C6F-975E-02CEE40EBA9F.jpeg

TXplt, jerry, Jaison and 6 others like this.
  20. billy

This is going to happen 7A318C3A-FAF1-4E7C-9F80-B23FDCF04C7C.jpeg

Cyrano, rando, Huey Rider and 7 others like this.