The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Some here might recall I had a slight misadventure last November. Among other things I now have a separated shoulder.

I've always been keen ( well, compelled to try to achieve ) on some level of fitness. As you get older every day gets to be like a game of football. I didn't know if I could still do push ups...

I decided I'd have a go. I did one and kept going doing 20. Later I did 20 more. Later I did 2 sets of 50.

Every time I did within minutes I had to go swing on either a crow bar or a jack hammer to clear a rock blockage on the plant.

I kept at all week but on Friday WOW was my chest sore. But in a good way if that's possible.

I'm keeping myself to 2 sets of 50. I wouldn't mind getting back to doing 6 sets of 50 during the day as I used to, then I'll add all the other stuff.

You're a long time dead in a box, you really owe it to yourself and those around you to be as fit as you can be. That's not ripped athlete fit, that's as fit as you can be.

rando, shanebrews, TXplt and 7 others like this.
  2. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

Ah. The local meth-head rednecks came by today offering to do outside chores for me. If they come around again, they are going to get a close look at a .38.

graybeard, rando, austinjoe13 and 4 others like this.

3. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Sitting in the garage on the mower and the grand pup walks up, stops and springs straight up in my lap. Pretty amazing these dogs IMG_5979.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

4. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

5. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

Doing a crawfish boil today. I got 15lbs of the kritters, and now they're developing a nice, red shell. Had to pull some early so Mrs K can eat them, otherwise they'd be too spicy for her. Mine are gonna set 20 minutes until they all sink, then I'll ice them for a bit. I like mine frikkin' SPICY!!! I always throw in some Chili petins, or cayenne pepper in mine

No corn, this wasn't really planned, but sausage and taters cookin' with them. :) Wish I had some corn. Maybe I'll just simmer some canned corn in the boil.

graybeard, rando, K75RT and 6 others like this.
  6. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

I learned to drive on a Cub Cadet. Not nearly as sleek as yours though.

There were times when my dog Shadow would ride with me when we mowed the lawn.

My Dad would only assign a chore not how to do it. The lawn was mine, from when I was 8 years old I took great pride in how the grass looked.

7. jerry

USA
    EBB83BE2-8D0A-4430-B37E-4FECE74CE593.png
    That’s cool.
    You probly had an original IH Cub they were built like tanks and made the brand.
    The current Cub is an MTD product. A step up from some box store MTD’s but still MTD.

some don’t like them, but I’ve had good luck. When they do break, and they all do, parts are plentiful, easy to find and somewhat economical.
    Plus my companies paint, powder and e coat is on them.

8. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

Brother! The USMC barely does that many push-ups these days.

graybeard and neophyte like this.
  9. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

. The boy and I just finished push nowing the grass. Wife is making us a sandwich.

graybeard, TXplt, jerry and 2 others like this.
  10. Mindy up North

Mindy up North G&G Evangelist

Making jerk chicken, red beans and rice with andouille sausage and kale with olive oil, bacon and garlic. I haven't made cinnamon rolls since January, so that is the works as well

graybeard, TXplt, Rocky7 and 4 others like this.
  11. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    My wife got a new computer today. She spent days researching computers, walked into Costco today and bought one off the shelf. She bought a better tower than she was planning on - and no monitor. She didn't have the money for a monitor. Luckily, we had a 27" HD flat-screen tv at home that is currently hooked up to it.

graybeard, TXplt, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  12. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

same thing really.

headed out in the morning to go fish out in the desert for a week.
    there's an impoundment on the snake river out there that's pretty big.
    anyway it's smack in the middle of the state on the south end.

graybeard, TXplt, Rocky7 and 5 others like this.
  13. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

Fishing was not great. I caught three tiny oerch and a small northern. No signs of crappies.

14. jerry

USA
    graybeard, Moroco Mole, TXplt and 7 others like this.
  15. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

Both of us are going fishing today. The lady has only been out fishing a handful of times in her life. We're hoping to change that this summer.

graybeard, rando, Moroco Mole and 7 others like this.
  16. jerry

USA
    A little slower today but we have fish to clean again.
    25 hook trot line we put out yesterday had about a dozen cat fish and one dog fish. I could tell by the look on brothers face when he pulled up the line on that one. IMG_5991.jpg

graybeard, rando, Huey Rider and 5 others like this.
  17. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

Doing gun repair!
    Yesterday I was shooting my AR10 in .308 at the range trying to let it reach out. I was out to 300 yd shooting fairly consistently when it started to short cycle. I changed ammo from my hand loads to store bought factory, thinking it was something wrong with my loads.
    That was not the problem, I pulled the bolt out noticed it was a little dry so I popped it apart cleaned & lubed. After another five rounds down range it totally quit cycling. I cycled it by hand though the last three round & was hitting the gong good but it may as well been a bolt action because the bolt wasn't even moving. I figured the gas tube clogged up, so back open to get access to the gas tube to put some spray down the tube.
    As I looked down in the upper I couldn't find the end if the gas tube. ??? Did it break off? I looked around for pieces but didn't find any sign that it broke. Nothing.
    Pack it up, take it back home, get out my tools, go to the garage to use the vice. I get the upper in the vice & pull off the free float forearm & see the gas block has walked about 1" forward. I see it has/had set screws, one is gone the other is stuck in the forearm.
    I pull it apart as far as I could ran a pipe cleaner brush down the tube, it was open. Put everything back together but only had one set screw. I ran to the hardware store to get a new set screw, no luck. It turns out it's a metric set screw. So I stuck until tomorrow when the nut & bolt specialty store opens to get another.
    I usually deal with pined blocks but aren't the set screws supposed to be staked to keep them from falling out? It's the first time I had this upper apart, I bought it whole at a gun show years ago, I just haven't shot it much.

graybeard, neophyte, jerry and 2 others like this.
  18. jerry

USA
    May be a good opportunity to install an adjustable gas block while in there?

19. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Finished building the boys bike.
    Not bad for starting with a big pile of random rusty scrap A0C41995-92C9-47C3-9397-B4EC7952392D.jpeg

20. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

It shoots fine, why would I need an adjustable gas block?
    When it was working it was ejecting the brass straight to the right & back a little. I have been told that was perfect.