The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

not when you eat a pint of it with a can of fruit mixed in.

neophyte likes this.
  2. ACfixer

ACfixer Global Warming Enthusiast Forum Contributor

L35-KAPV
    How about you mix some sardines in with it?

neophyte likes this.

3. Gun Junkie

Gun Junkie G&G Evangelist

It's not so bad, for a young'un.
    I put on the dark brown metal roofs on the barracks at Lackland in 1989.
    Plus, there's quite a few women on base.

neophyte likes this.
  4. 63B20

63B20 G&G Evangelist

Montana
    Egg sandwich's with real mayo Good Stuff

Cyrano, neophyte, Merle and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Duke's mayo on a BLT. More good eats.

neophyte, Merle and 63B20 like this.
  6. Mowgli T.

Mowgli T. G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Got the phone jammed up with some bogus apt. I had a picture of bar code for sending my 28-2 back to Smith for TLC. Had to get phone fixed first. Is Monday the 13th. a bad time to being doing stuff? We'll know for sure in the next several hours. Take care and be safe.

austinjoe13 and neophyte like this.
  7. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

When I was working & not taking time to cook breakfast, main thing I had was cottage cheese & canned pears (can't get decent fresh fruit around here). 'Course, it didn't stick with me & by 9-10 am, between calls, I was hittin' the convenience store!:oops:

8. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

My youngest is off to build his life in the Air Force. His strength and determination will carry him through. I chuckle a little at what they will think when he throws them a Marine Corps salute first time out of the box! LOL

I got a text this morning that my nephew is going to come up during my vacation days in August.

Too bad Christian won't be around, Christopher and Christian are very much alike. They both love motorcycles. I hope it happens, it will fill the void a little.

9. Jaison

Avoided that catastrophe. Just opened it up and 'blech'. Yeesh! I'll be double checking dates at the store from now on.

10. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

Moroco Mole likes this.
  11. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Well you could have wrapped it tight in cheese cloth, hung it up to drip, and made some real cheese. As my Amish friend would say...Waist full Englishman!!!

12. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    New gate security system. The latch is on the gate from the courtyard to the side yard. That thing beneath the latch is a fairly large tarantula.

[​IMG]

Junction15, Huey Rider, TXplt and 3 others like this.
  13. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

That would definitely keep me out!:oops:

TXplt, ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  14. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    My ex-brother-in-law was raised by a Marine, who required all his children to memorize the Marine General Orders. Don't ask me why; he was a combat veteran of Guadalcanal who was wounded and invalided out of the Corps, who then signed on with the Merchant Marine for the rest of the war. Even his wife said he wasn't quite right.

Anyway, when he was doing basic training at Lackland, there was a parade and the base commander and a visiting Marine general trooped the line. Every so often, the Marine would stop and ask one of the airmen a question. He happened to pick my XBIL.

"Airman, what is your second General Order?"

Now, the correct response to this according to the Air Force is, "I will report all violations of orders that I am entrusted to enforce and contact my superior in any case not covered by instructions." But to my XBIL's horror, he blurted out what his Marine father had caused him to memorize, not what his drill sergeant had taught them:

"To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing, SIR!"

The Marine General gave him a slow grin and continued on his way.

Junction15, Huey Rider, TXplt and 3 others like this.
  15. Mowgli T.

Mowgli T. G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Part Two: Made it to FedEx shipping location. Lady was nice but said there was no way they could read that bar code off the phone. I needed to forward my email from S&W. Did so. On the way to lunch stopped at a FedEx store. Woman in charge there took care of it in five minutes. This is the killer. The FedEx store was next door to the phone store where my phone was fixed. That's where this journey started. Computer here will no longer talk to the printer. On the way there stopped to get gas.

There was a woman filling up her older car. No mask. There were grade school age kids shoulder to shoulder in the back plus one in the front seat. No mask. I guess they were exercising their constitutional rights.

neophyte likes this.
  16. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Rarely see anyone with a mask out in open air, around here. They'll put them on when going inside & take them off when coming out.

Junction15, neophyte, Cyrano and 3 others like this.
  17. Mowgli T.

Mowgli T. G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Those kids were packed in the backseat like sardines. No masks and no distancing. I will not share what campaign sign was across the dashboard of her car facing outwards. I am totally convinced this is the end of days. I'm going back to my reloading. That's a safe place for me.

Junction15 and neophyte like this.
  18. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Went to my bank today. I was getting ready to go around back to drive thru. Saw some cars out front and someone walked in. I went in also. Of course they require a mask and distance apart. The two managers said that this was their first day back open. Before this you had to make an appointment if you had to do business with the manager.

Junction15, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  19. Jaison

Got a feeling this stuff was bad even at the store. Only bought it a few days ago and when I pulled it out of the refrigerator, the lid was bulged up.

Not sure a hog would have eaten it. Few things turn my stomach faster than spoiled milk smell.

neophyte and TXplt like this.
  20. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Yeah, reminds me of the smell of butter milk!:(