The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Or here in Ks.

neophyte likes this.
  2. Or here in NC

neophyte likes this.

3. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

We have had them roaming the streets in broad daylight here and eating out of dog bowls on people's front steps at 8 am.

rando, Merle, neophyte and 1 other person like this.
  4. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

haven't been to the drags since I raced back in the late 60s. Thanks for the photos brother. They bring back fond memories of 1/4 miles, burning rubber and flaming pipes.

jerry, rando, Merle and 2 others like this.
  5. MRT NH 72

MRT NH 72 G&G Evangelist

I had a great seat. At 16 years old I ran my buddy's Impala down that track. We pulled the exhaust intermediate pipe. Only had to beat 1 other guy in U class whatever that was. I didn't win.
    Buddy took a picture of me on starting line. I keep that picture secret from my parents to this day!
    I can't get my videos to load. I'll try again.

jerry, Gray Wolf, Moroco Mole and 5 others like this.
  6. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Monday and Tuesday are my days of. Was going to start work on the shed again, now that it cooled down under 80 degrees and the Doc said I could work outside again, with out my meds putting me into a stroke.
    84% humidity. Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain.:rolleyes::rolleyes::(

neophyte, ncnascarlady and shanebrews like this.
  7. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

So I guess you might be getting some rain there?

neophyte and Moroco Mole like this.
  8. MRT NH 72

MRT NH 72 G&G Evangelist

These are for 455 Rocket. Popped up as a 1 year ago note on my phone.
    IMG_20190803_124056.jpg IMG_20190803_124113.jpg IMG_20190803_124206.jpg
    This was at Bristol NH last year. I might have already posted last year. Too bad.
    No gathering this year. They had a parade instead.

Attached Files:

455rocket, jerry, Moroco Mole and 3 others like this.
  9. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I went foraging for berries today and totally struck out. The first patch I went to had been picked clean by the birds. The second had been scorched by the sun and dried up.

10. Listing on eBay, with SiriusXM on the radio Channel 460 "The Billy Graham Channel". The program that just came on was recorded in Sept 1993.

My wife and I was there - on our honeymoon!

jerry, Huey Rider, neophyte and 3 others like this.
  11. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    My berry bushes produced good this year. They stopped producing about three weeks ago for the season. I just cut them back a bit as they grow rapid but no more fruit.

jerry and shanebrews like this.
  12. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Used to have wild berries growing on my property, but seem to have almost disappeared. Last few years, what few bloomed, the berries were small & not worth picking. I think maybe the drought in 2011 killed them & also no bees.

13. Talking to Cyrano on his cell phone. They're on generator power for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately his internet and cable are out for the same. He'll check in with me regularly and I'll keep you all posted.

jerry, Huey Rider, blue fox and 3 others like this.
  14. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I have strawberries going in pots and they bore well. The last one fizzled out last week. I also planted 2 blueberry bushes this year. One of them has blueberries coming on, the other is not as mature.

But I've found a couple of thickets of wild black raspberries around town. I know where another is too but it's private property and I no longer have access to that location.

15. Moroco Mole

Was reading about the storm damage in NYC. Pretty bad. Feel bad for those people.
    Kinda dark but noticed a 60 year old man was killed when a tree fell on him, while in his van, in Queens. Of all the ways to die in NYC right now, Of all the things that could hit you blowing around in a storm, in the Big City, that would be my luck.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    ncnascarlady and jerry like this.
  16. Moroco Mole

Heard NC got hit bad. If I remember right you are kind of inland. Was wondering how you fared thru this.

Bet you and @neophyte at least got dumped on pretty good.

How about you @shanebrews any real bad damage??

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    jerry likes this.
  17. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Moroco Mole: Sir; we are inland couple hundred miles
    We did get a small rain event. Some clouds. Temperature drop below 90*for a day.
    Our family @Oak Island, NC. did get whacked pretty good. Physically; all are well:).

FortyXDM, jerry and Moroco Mole like this.
  18. I'm about 175 miles inland so all I got was some passing rain and stiff breezes. A few dead branches came down but not enough to worry about.

Moroco Mole, FortyXDM and neophyte like this.
  19. jedwil

jedwil G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I notice this thread and always think of Jetgirl. I actually followed her here many years ago from another forum. Wonder what happened to her?

Gray Wolf and neophyte like this.
  20. Spoke to Cyrano earlier and he found out his electric power, internet and cable will be out for a while. The generator is going strong, so they're not sitting in the dark.

On the plus side, he's getting a much needed break from PWB's nonstop addiction to the lame stream media on tv. Unfortunately she still has her podcasts to fill the void.