The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    Dogs were all weirded out tonight. I put them in the garage and they actually ran in. That is not like these 100lb GSD's. They sleep outside. My guess is we have a cougar at the back fence. It's happened before, a couple years ago we had a cat in the area. It was either put them in or risk stumbling around in the dark with Mr. Beretta if a war broke out.

MRT NH 72, Merle, Moroco Mole and 5 others like this.
  2. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

You need to tell the neighbor lady to stay away from your dogs. Hopefully she will find a young man to keep her occupied and will stop hanging out in the back yard, by the fence.

3. Merle

Merle G&G Evangelist

HMMM, send me her picture - maybe I'll volunteer to keep her busy.... :D

Rocky7, Huey Rider, neophyte and 3 others like this.
  4. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I remember when KY reintroduced the elk. It was Thanksgiving and we were down at Grandpa and Grandma's house. It was a big deal on the local news. I've never actually seen one there but I heard they love to roam around the little airport in Pikeville. There's been a couple of instances of planes clipping one. I'm no pilot or airplane mechanic but I doubt hitting an elk is good for the size of aircraft that fly into Pikeville.

Merle, TXplt, Rocky7 and 5 others like this.
  5. Wait. Wait...WAIT!!! There's still someone out there that flies the Queen of the Skies!?!?!?!?!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

TXplt and Rocky7 like this.
  6. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Best cargo jet ever made. I flew them for 19 years, 9600+ hours of my life flying the 747.

7. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

NW PA
    well lets see my year in a nut shell,last September i left a very easy sit on your butt 99.9% job and started with the state department of corrections in a level 5 max facility. right before Christmas we lost mom, dad was in the hospital with sever cardiac issues. so my brother an i have been helping him with all kinds of stuff. spending as much time as i can with the wife and kids. Also catching up on a bunch of reloading and honey do projects before winter

ncnascarlady, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  8. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    As I understand it, the 747 air freighters are alive and well and continuing in service worldwide. It's just the passenger versions that have been retired.

I wonder if it would be cost-effective to convert the airliners into air freighters?

9. Welp, time to get to work. I've been assigned my first case load of 56 contacts to make for the 2020 US Census. I can see five of them from my front porch. My neighbors are going to love me. At least one of them is my Son, a kid I sort of adopted many years ago.

Rocky7, rando, ncnascarlady and 5 others like this.
  10. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Lol....we just tried that (the 777-ER can hold quite a bit of belly freight along with pax; we had the upper converted to allow for some freight also. And there are dedicated 777 freighters).

Unfortunately the business didn’t materialize the way we thought it would (and we also fly 747-400 and -8 freighters) to justify the cost over the straight 747. Not sure exactly what happened but the 747 freighter can hold tons of freight in pallets and is really really good at what it does (started off in the commercial world on the 747 freighter).

Jaison, Moroco Mole and neophyte like this.
  11. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Just finished watching Passion of the Christ again. Very powerful film.

rando, grizcty, Moroco Mole and 3 others like this.
  12. Gotcha! Too bad they've been retired, I thought the 800 was still in service, I see one over the backyard fairly routinely from Lufthansa during the week. Oktoberfest might become a priority for next year! Converting them sounds like a good idea. We have a pretty nasty fire in Grand Junction right now and could use one. My lungs are feeling it big time!

13. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I've got the Paul one in my queue on the TV and haven't ever sat down to watch it yet.

14. Well [email protected]#$ my Cardiologist called and said I need a stint or two three. So much for being the Iron man looking like the OL and I will be getting the same treatment, one at 0700 and the next at 0830 on the 25th. At 72 years old I was knowing sumpin wasn't right.

rando, grizcty, Moroco Mole and 2 others like this.
  15. That's so cool! Such a cool plane, my old man flew on a few as a passenger, best flights he's ever had. Such a shame they're being taken out of commercial use, fingers crossed the 800 lingers.

Stickman likes this.
  16. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

LOL

Got a Paul film that has an obligatory nude scene. I got it to possibly show at bible study one night.

Reeeeeeeally glad I checked it out first.

Going to start back on the Kendrick Bros. films again soon.

Moroco Mole, neophyte and shanebrews like this.
  17. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

Lucky you. Modern medicine is wonderful. Don't worry......you will feel much better and have more energy.

18. Decided to stay home today because there weren't going to be a lot of work. Glad I did because I really needed to cut the grass. The back 40 was in dire need of it.I ended up double cutting most of it and it still looks shaggy.

Plan for the rest of the day - knock out some chores, rest and relax.

Huey Rider, neophyte and Moroco Mole like this.
  19. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Final school shopping yesterday, got the grass mowed last night. Last day off today. Do not care if I do anything. Just sitting here taping on the key board and watching U-tube stuff.
    Been watching Vice Grip garage. Derick reminds me of myself and the stuff I used to do when I was young healthy and had a garage to work in.

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  20. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I have been evaluating 10MM pistols. It seems out of the 10, 10MM pistols the Kimber Camp Guard 10 keeps wining.
    I shoot on an 8,000' Butte most days.. Yes, will test Hot .40 S&W loads in the 10MM handguns today.:usa2:

Merle, Moroco Mole and shanebrews like this.